Full Stack Engineer, Manager - Financial Services
- Atlanta, GA
- Columbus, OH
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
- Dallas, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Hartford, CT
- Florham Park, NJ
- Darien, CT
A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Full Stack Engineers are responsible for operations of multiple complex stage and production data lake environments. While Full Stack Engineers do not do development work on the platforms, but you will perform code release deployments and technology upgrades to these environments and will be required to troubleshoot and monitor issues that require knowledge of development languages, COTS applications, and infrastructure (cloud and on prem).
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics
Minimum Years of Experience:
5+ year('s) of Client Facing - Full Stack Consulting experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Web application design and application frameworks.
- Representational State Transfer (REST) services and middle tier business layer design patterns;
- Relational databases and SQL, Database design, creation, manipulation and query;
- NoSQL datastores; and,
- Linux OS and development tooling as well as open source libraries.
- Documenting SOPs, and perform knowledge transfer to others;
- Possessing knowledge of Hadoop;
- Demonstrating experience with at least one of the following development languages: Java, Perl, PHP or Python;
- Using Azure, AWS, GCP or distributed VMware environments;
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Developing code using object oriented design, implementation and maturation to take advantage of the language feature sets;
- Writing efficient code that is concise and utilizes system resources which can become constrained in a big data environment;
- Refining requirements, self-identifying solutions and communicating to the team;
- Conducting pattern matching, regex creation and approaches to decompose unstructured text; and,
- Utilizing enterprise Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) tools for orchestration of services and workflows.
- Demonstrating communication skills and the ability to drive continuous performance improvements with the stakeholders, vendors and technology subject matter specialists;
- Establishing a stable, reliable secure and high performing data platform;
- Troubleshooting incidents in stage and production environments;
- Establishing proactive monitoring and alerting capabilities exist for all components of the platform;
- Establishing system health and capacity is reviewed and enhanced as needed;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top