FS - AppTech - Application Technology, Director
- New York, NY
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
10 year(s) with 2-3 years experience in AWS.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates individual business leadership abilities with proven success in the following areas:
- Leading large enterprise integration engagements emphasizing Enterprise Integration Architecture, Business Process Transformation and IT Systems Implementation;
- Providing thought leadership when applying methodologies and managing architectural project elements;
- Designing and delivering innovative solutions from concept through implementation in a complex environment, including proven success in an Architect role;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts at executive level through individual team member of both business and technical disciplines;
- Leading a key workstream in an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital;
- Collaborating and leading business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients; and,
- Managing project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in individual technology leadership including the following areas:
- Hands-on AWS experience of an end-to-end implementation in an Enterprise scale environment;
- Product development, financial models, pricing models and competitive market assessments;
- At least 2 programming languages (compiled or scripted languages);
- Core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies, Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design, Environment and application automation, CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy, Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN, AWS Cost Management and Optimization; and,
- Working and evangelizing SAFe.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in experienced AWS Cloud Architecture with specialization in at least one of the following areas:
- AWS Cloud Strategy: Business Case development, application assessment and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design, emerging cloud computing trends;
- AWS Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc;
- QA automation: Automating QA tasks leveraging AWS technologies for the purposes of load testing, penetration testing or leveraging selenium grids or comparable for test at scale;
- AWS Migration: Optimization of applications to scalable cloud designs, re-architecting applications to modern cloud patterns, and database migration (including cross-platform);
- Big Data: NoSQL data model design, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift design and tuning, Athena, etc; and,
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: Immutable infrastructure, AWS environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third-party tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.). CI/CD pipeline setup utilizing AWS services such as CodeBuild/Commit/Deploy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top