Financial Services - Tax Manager
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Financial Services Tax practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our Financial Services clients navigate the frequently changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications of investing in different jurisdictions. You'll help our clients with their tax structuring while helping to address the challenges of the continuously changing tax world, both locally and globally.
We're leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients' needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs including:
- Demonstrating thorough compliance and consulting for investment partnerships (hedge funds, mutual funds and private equity funds) and/or Real Estate Investment Trusts and Real Estate Partnerships;
- Analyzing structuring of funds and fund management companies to limit tax liability;
- Building alternate investment strategies and vehicles and/or partnership structures and communicating their impact on real estate transactions and corresponding tax liabilities and accounting of Unrelated Business Taxable Income;
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge including partnership tax Forms, K1 and M1 and/or publicly traded REITS, institutional real estate funds managed by financial institutions, and privately held real estate entities;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as tax technical business advisor, including:
- Developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset; and,
- Having preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including the following areas:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements; and,
- Demonstrating knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top