Financial Services Tax Manager
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Washington, DC
- Tampa, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Miami, FL
- Hartford, CT
A career in our Financial Services Tax practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our Financial Services clients navigate the frequently changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications of investing in different jurisdictions. You'll help our clients with their tax structuring while helping to address the challenges of the continuously changing tax world, both locally and globally.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
CPA or Member of the Bar
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs including:
- Demonstrating thorough compliance and consulting for investment partnerships (hedge funds, mutual funds and private equity funds) and/or Real Estate Investment Trusts and Real Estate Partnerships;
- Analyzing structuring of funds and fund management companies to limit tax liability;
- Building alternate investment strategies and vehicles and/or partnership structures and communicating their impact on real estate transactions and corresponding tax liabilities and accounting of Unrelated Business Taxable Income;
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge including partnership tax Forms, K1 and M1 and/or publicly traded REITS, institutional real estate funds managed by financial institutions, and privately held real estate entities;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as tax technical business advisor, including:
- Developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset; and,
- Having preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including the following areas:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements; and,
- Demonstrating knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top