Financial Services Strategy Sr Manager: Corporate & Business Strategy
- New York, NY
A career within Corporate and Business Strategy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their toughest problems and seize essential advantages by defining and evaluating strategies of all types. We analyse business and market trends to explore new approaches that help our clients make tough choices and surpass the competition. At both the business unit and corporate level, we help organisations with organic enterprise growth, pricing and profitability, shareholder value, and sustainable corporate strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Minimum of 8 years of strategy consulting or industry consulting experience preferred.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the Financial Services industry (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset & Wealth Management), either in professional consulting services or corporate roles, including:
- Helping companies define and evaluate corporate and business unit strategies and investment portfolios;
- Reflecting market, competitive and other external drivers with specific areas of focus including Corporate Strategy, Business Strategy, Deals Strategy, and Digital Strategy;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, rapidly building credibility, and maintaining and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Managing teams / multiple work streams to establish successful project conclusion - i.e., delivery of quality work on time and within budget;
- Building productive relationships with team members and clients, both long term and day-to-day, by using a collaborative approach with thorough listening skills and the ability to manage through influence;
- Utilizing first principles thinking, and developing credible and pragmatic analytical approaches, frameworks and methodologies;
- Analyzing complex quantitative and qualitative data in an efficient manner and synthesizing the output into meaningful and actionable insights;
- Designing and conducting market research to understand consumer needs and purchasing behaviors;
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats to senior audiences and being able to deliver difficult messages with persuasiveness and sensitivity;
- Demonstrating executive presence and ability to become a trusted advisor to the c-suite level clients;
- Identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, and leading client / market development;
- Attracting, retaining, assessing and developing staff / team members;
- Demonstrating flexibility and creativity in managing work-life balance of self and team members;
- Demonstrating Power User ability with MS Office suite of applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; and,
- Demonstrating proficiency in Google Suite of collaboration and productivity apps including Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top