Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Portal/Rating Dev Sr Associate
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You'll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Guidewire certified in Policy Center, Billing Center and /or Claim Center
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing applications as per product requirements).
- Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center Integration development experience with relevant certification. Minimum Guidewire version is 7.x and above.
- Previous experience with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts Experience with Agile methodology, Source version control, and Release management.
- Any experience leading a team of developers is a plus.
- Working with offshore teams with different times is preferred.
- Previous experience working a Middleware platform like Websphere ESB, MuleSoft, Webmethods or similar software platform is plus.
- Previous experience designing, developing and deploying complex integrations working with Guidewire software and many multi-tier applications and systems.
- Experience utilizing technical experiences in Java/Gosu to build and maintain integrations for multi-platform applications.
- Previous work on various data structures and platforms from legacy flat files to complex relational models.
- Previous experience with architecting and creating solution designs and effectively presents solution architecture with various options with estimates.
- Previous experience implementing integration modules that can be reused, ensure loose coupling, easily scalable of various system and its components.
- Previous experience developing GUnit/Junit tests for testing business logic.
- Previous experience designing and developing batch processes inside Guidewire Centers and also external batch process that connects with Guidewire systems.
- Ability to configure workflows based on business requirements and logic.
- Ability to design and develop adapters and service APIs and Plugin components based on business requirements.
- Experience resolving issues identified during testing of the various integration requirements.
- Previous experience working with a development team using Agile methodology to deliver software.
- Ability and prior experience assisting in GOSU and integrations code reviews, code cleanups and helping to perform sprint demos.
- Experience organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top