Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Developer - Senior Associate
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Guidewire and Scrum Master Certification
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in projects related to and/or leveraging one or more of the following areas related to systems configurations within the Insurance industry, including:
- Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center ClaimCenter and Contact Center;
- GOSU, Guidewire Event and Rules Framework and object oriented programming;
- JAVA hosting, as well as utilization of web services that primarily use Java;
- Web services hosting and consuming, using the Guidewire studio toolkit;
- XLM Coding;
- XML, ANT, MAVEN and code repository such as Clear Case, SVN, TFS; and,
- Cogent communication, facilitation and presentations to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success within the professional services and consulting industries with emphases in Financial Services and the Insurance industry.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in delivering clear requests for information and demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, leveraging MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes and other technologies appropriately to do so.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top