Financial Services Insurance Guidewire Config/Int Dev Lead - Manager
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Computer Applications, Management Information Systems, Engineering and Business
Certification(s) Preferred :
Guidewire functional certified in Policy Center, Billing Center and /or Claim Center
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java or GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Previous experience associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts with using design standards and best practices.
- Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center Configuration development experience with relevant certification. Minimum Guidewire version is 7.x and above.
- Experience with Agile methodology, Source version control, and Release management.
- Any experience leading a team of developers is a plus.
- Working with offshore teams with different times is preferred.
- Experience working with Product Model Designer, Rating Engine on Policy Center is a plus.
- Prior experience in: planning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center and/or Claim Center. Configures screen layouts, including creation of new screens (PCFs). - Experience writing business rules and other business logic.
- Experience configuring operational and administration related parameters such as roles and permissions, user attributes regions, activity patterns etc.
- Experience resolving issues identified during testing in regards to the configuration requirements.
- Experience working within a development team using Agile methodology to deliver User stories.
- Experience assisting in GOSU code reviews, code cleanups and perform sprint demos.
- Experience handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.
- Previous experience managing projects and team members.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top