Financial Services Insurance Enterprise Architect - Senior Associate
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in helping teams to understand business strategies; envision and prioritize business capabilities from Product and Distribution through to Billing and Claims; design solutions that involve creating business and technology implementation road maps; provide business and technology architecture recommendations; and, utilize tools and techniques to develop and implement project phases, including the following:
- Technical architectures and products used including general capabilities (i.e web, service, data, and infrastructure) and insurance specific (i.e. Guidewire, EIS, Duck Creek, etc.) to support the creation of client-driven transformation solutions throughout the entire transformation lifecycle; and,
- Application of technical knowledge to understand existing environments, current and emerging technology trends, software packages and technology vendor marketplaces.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member executing the following areas:
- Enterprise-level technical solutions within specific Insurance markets such as P&C, Life, Annuities, Group & Retirement;
- Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures - specifically insurance-related architectures, including policy administration systems;
- Engagement with business executives to define and document strategy and enabling IT capabilities and the necessary iterations;
- Collaboration with Project Architects to develop requirements and establish alignment with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps;
- Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps (via architecture dependencies and prioritization); and,
- Opportunity identification and promotion for cross-business sharing and re-use of application components, rationalizing application portfolios and integrated architectures.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with executing the following areas:
- Identifying and addressing client needs: build relationships with clients; develop an awareness of Firm services; communicate with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and, communicate and manage conflicts;
- Developing strategy as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of Insurance industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, documenting effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that are understood clearly by all users and co-workers, and coordinating, facilitating and making presentations;
- Designing and leading FS Insurance architecture engagements aligned to a client's business strategy - searching and analyzing large and complex data sets, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, understanding and documenting existing business systems and technology, translating end-state business and technology models into architectural blueprints, and developing business and technology solution models (conceptual, logical, physical, as-built), architecture diagrams, drawings, and visual communications; and,
- Supporting systems development teams in implementing architectures.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with technologies such as the following:
- Insurance technologies such as Guidewire, EIS, Duck Creek;
- Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, Angular JS, ReactJS, ViewJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
- Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relationship, columnar and noSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
- Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Azure HDInsight, Amazon EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
- Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
- Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
- Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
- Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top