Financial Services Insurance Enterprise Architect - Manager
- Chicago, IL
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success in managing teams to understand business strategies, envision and prioritize business capabilities from Product and Distribution through to Billing and Claims, design solutions that involve creating business and technology implementation road maps, provide business and technology architecture recommendations, and utilize tools and techniques to develop and implement project phases, including the following:
- Technical architectures and products used including general capabilities (i.e web, service, data, and infrastructure) and insurance specific (i.e. Guidewire, EIS, Duck Creek, etc.) to support the creation of client-driven transformation solutions throughout the entire transformation lifecycle; and,
- Application of technical knowledge to understand existing environments, current and emerging technology trends, software packages and technology vendor marketplaces.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader managing and executing the following areas:
- Enterprise-level technical solutions within specific Insurance markets such as P&C, Life, Annuities, Group & Retirement;
- Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures - specifically insurance-related architectures, including policy administration systems;
- Engagement with business executives to define and document strategy and enabling IT capabilities and the necessary iterations;
- Guidance provided to Project Architects to develop requirements and establish alignment with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps;
- Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps (via architecture dependencies and prioritization); and,
- Opportunity identification and promotion for cross-business sharing and re-use of application components, rationalizing application portfolios and integrated architectures.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships with clients, developing an awareness of Firm services, communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating and managing conflicts;
- Developing strategy as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of Insurance industry audiences, clients and internal staff /management;
- Documenting effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that are understood clearly by all users and co-workers and coordinating, facilitating, and making presentations;
- Designing and leading FS Insurance architecture engagements aligned to a client's business strategy - searching and analyzing large, complex data sets, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, understanding and documenting existing business systems and technology, translating end-state business and technology models into architectural blueprints, and developing business and technology solution models (conceptual, logical, physical, as-built), architecture diagrams, drawings, and visual communications; and,
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting systems development teams in implementing architectures.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in technologies such as the following:
- Insurance technologies such as Guidewire, EIS, Duck Creek;
- Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, Angular JS, ReactJS, ViewJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
- Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relationship, columnar and noSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
- Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Azure HDInsight, Amazon EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
- Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
- Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
- Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
- Cloud-based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top