Financial Services - Insurance Data & Analytics Manager
- New York, NY
A career in our Enterprise Performance Management practice, within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge. Our team helps clients optimise and align financial planning, consolidation, reporting and analytics processes, systems and information to provide business insights that drive better decisions and actions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career in our Insurance Data & Analytics practice within FS Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside insurance industry CFOs, CAO's CDO's, Controllers, FP&A and Treasurers to optimize the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
Our team helps clients optimize and align financial planning, consolidation, reporting and analytics processes, systems and information to provide business insights that drive better decisions and actions.
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Finance, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Minimum Years of Experience :
5+ years of Client Facing External Consulting experience, or Hybrid of Insurance Industry + Some Consulting experience.
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
- Manage data strategy, data roadmap, data governance, and data solution implementation projects
- Lead a team of business analysts, data analysts, and developers to deliver a data engagement
- Analyze end-to-end data flows and conduct hands-on data analysis
- Lead the design of improved data flows, data architecture, and data solutions in partnership with the subject matter experts and the client
- Drive technology and data solution assessments to provide point-of-view and recommendations Oversee project timelines, risks, and issues and escalate when appropriate
Demonstrate thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with simplifying complex processes to improve reliability and achieve cost and cycle time reductions, as well as manage work streams of a complex project to implement process improvements.
Demonstrate thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents; and, balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrate thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and, keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates abilities and/or success in the following areas:
- Managing of consulting engagements pertaining to Data Architecture, Data Models design and implementation, and agile data modeling techniques.
- Designing of Finance technology architectures, Finance Data Models that are part of technology modernization initiatives and benchmarking/standard industry practices.
- Understanding of the functionality of finance systems, such as General Ledgers, Sub-Ledgers, Hyperion, Finance Data Warehouse/Repositories and other related applications.
- Executing large finance, enterprise and/or data architecture transformation programs.
- Understanding various data domains industry specific but required by finance organizations within the enterprise.
- Understanding common issues facing clients in the insurance industry.
- Managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and, preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Automating of processes and analytics and the technologies that enable automation (Alteryx, UiPath, Power BI, etc.)
- Utilizing technical skills in MS Office, G-suite,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top