Financial Markets -Tax Senior Associate: Seasonal
A career in our Flexibility Talent Network practice will focus on directly supporting our client engagement teams by attracting qualified candidates for short term or defined period opportunities. This unique career option provides an alternative to year round employment for people who are looking to pursue meaningful experiences or responsibilities outside their time with PwC.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas. - Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results. - Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems. - Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area. - Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance. - Share relevant thought leadership. - Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others. - Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Additional Educational Requirements :
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
CPA exams passed, license required to be promoted to Manager, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success working with tax consulting or compliance functions associated with the Financial Services Industry, which could include a background with partnership and/or corporate taxation, as well as the following areas:
- Alternative investment funds, mortgage REITs, CDO/CLO transactions, REMIC's, and other securitizations, leasing or derivatives;
- Treasury, banking, finance company, and hedge fund tax operations; and,
- Utilization of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes to create deliverables.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member including:
- Identifying and addressing client needs;
- Participating actively in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services; and,
- Managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader by:
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
- Answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top