Financial Markets Senior Associate: Assurance Accounting Treasury
- Dallas, TX
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Before starting with PwC full-time, must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states. A credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Management Information Systems & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences :
A Juris Doctorate, PhD, MBA or a Master degree in Finance, Tax, Quantitative Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics may also be considered.
Certification(s) Preferred :
One or more of the following credentials or certifications is preferred for Senior Associate (but required for promotion to Manager): CPA License, Level 3 of the CFA, JD, PhD, MBA or Master's degree in Finance, Tax, Quantitative Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Real Estate Finance or Hospitality A State Certified Appraiser License, Member of Appraisal Institute (MAI), Member of American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or achieve certification of CRE, CRI and/or CCIM, CHA, or PMP
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with significant industry experience in Treasury (via a professional services consulting role or internally in a Treasury function). Well versed in US GAAP financial instrument guidance especially derivatives and hedging and the application within Treasury.
Demonstrates thorough-level, abilities success with managing the identification and addressing of client needs including:
- Participating as an individual contributor & team member with senior Financial Markets practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting and financial reporting matters related to the financial instrument life cycle; and,
- Demonstrating thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in capital markets, complex accounting, and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader & team member in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Demonstrating proven knowledge and success in advising large organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in Treasury Finance transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting;
- Demonstrating extensive knowledge of hedging strategies and application of hedge accounting requirements under US GAAP;
- Demonstrating significant experience valuing derivatives, including interest rate swaps, FX, options, forward contracts, swaps, etc.;
- Processing improvement in applications of shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, Treasury Finance and talent management;
- Understanding business intelligence and performance management software tools;
- Demonstrating proven extensive abilities and success with developing strategy;
- Demonstrating ability to communicate, facilitate, and present to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including development and delivery of business proposals, conferences, and whitepapers;
- Staying current and applying relevant technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards;
- Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics;
- Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
- Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
- Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly;
- Building relationships to create exceptional client and people experience;
- Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts; and,
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top