Financial Markets Manager - Accounting Advisory
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
One or more of the following credentials or certifications is required: CPA License, Level 3 of the CFA, JD, PhD, MBA or Master's degree in Finance, Tax, Quantitative Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Real Estate Finance or Hospitality A State Certified Appraiser License, Member of Appraisal Institute (MAI), Member of American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or achieve certification of CRE, CRI and/or CCIM, CHA, or PMP
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Management Information Systems & Accounting, Accounting, Economics, Finance
Additional Educational Preferences :
A Juris Doctorate, PhD, MBA or a Master degree in Finance, Tax, Quantitative Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics may also be considered.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in US GAAP financial instrument guidance, such as consolidation, transfers of financial assets, derivatives and hedging, debt, equity, foreign exchange, etc with significant experience in the application of this guidance.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Participating as an individual contributor and a team member with senior Financial Markets practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting and financial reporting matters related to the financial instrument life cycle;
- Advising clients in a variety of sectors (financial services, corporates, etc) on a broad range of complex technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets topics, including securitizations, derivatives and hedging, debt offerings, investment accounting, transfer accounting, consolidation analyses, private placements, post deal accounting, restructurings, and change in accounting standards; and,
- Presenting to large and medium scale audiences on technical topics.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in capital markets, complex accounting, and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Staying current and applying relevant technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards/issues;
- Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client;
- Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others: taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner;
- Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics;
- Leveraging tools and technologies for research, analysis, and problem solving, including:
- Interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients;
- Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
- Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team;
- Applying a global lens to business issues;
- Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
- Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
- Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments;
- Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly;
- Building relationships to create exceptional client and people experience;
- Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs; and,
- Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be comfortable challenging an established point of view.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top