Delivering Deal Value Human Capital Senior Manager
A career within Delivering Deal Value will provide you with the opportunity to help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and other complex challenges. We focus on all operational aspects of a transaction, pre and post completion. We conduct pre deal and confirmatory due diligence, execute large-scale enterprise wide integrations, and support complex divestitures and separations on a wide range of functional and cross-functional areas.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Fields of Study :
Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Including pre-deal operational due diligence, integration and separation planning and execution, synergy and cost savings analysis, with extensive knowledge of the Human Resources functional area, M&A and Divestitures;
- Demonstrating proven business acumen, including analytical and problem solving skills, prioritizing, organizing, and tracking details, meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates;
- Demonstrating relationship management, collaborating cross-functionally and effectively prioritizing projects in a dynamic environment;
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment;
- Overseeing and driving development of staff, including being mentor and coach to staff members and help direct business development initiatives; and,
- Communicating effectively in written and oral formats to various situations and audiences.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success structuring and leading the Human Resources function in complex deals and transformational programs, including the following areas:
- Understanding domestic and global HR post diligence processes with respect to mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs and carve outs;
- Supporting HR functional standalone and synergy assessments during diligence;
- Assessing organizational, people, and HR functional implications of a deal, and assist with developing the approach and initial strategy to enable employee transition;
- Aligning PwC and clients across functional stakeholders to develop and define a cohesive HR deal plan that captures aspects of HR technology, people, and process with a focus on planning and execution of key areas, including merging of the HR function, transition of systems, benefits, payroll, processes, talent management, vendor management, policies and procedures;
- Partnering with clients across functional teams and counsel to coordinate employee transfer processes, global mobility and compliance according to local legal requirements;
- Supporting broader M&A efforts around change management, organization design, onboarding, training, workforce transition, and communications and culture;
- Providing coordination of HR functional workstreams throughout the deal lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface managing dependencies;
- Driving project scope, budgets, staffing resources, information and data requests;
- Leading workshops, creating and coordinate final deliverables;
- Identifying potential employment and HR program risks and liabilities to the business;
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, fostering a productive and teamwork environment;
- Leading teams to generate a vision, leveraging diverse views, and helping develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement; and,
- Willing and able to travel up to 80% of the business week.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top