Deal Analytics - Senior Manager
A career in our Deals Data and Analytics practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with the deal process and deliver outstanding services both pre-deal and post-deal from the perspective of mergers and acquisitions data analysis. As an expert in Deals Data Analytics, you will deal with large volume business data, including performing data extraction, transformation, modelling, data visualisation, benchmarking, and analysis from a merger and acquisition prospective as well as cooperating with other due diligence or post deal service teams to support various deals projects. By means of data analytics, you are expected to utilise various data technology including data visualisation, data mining, big data techniques, to identify key merger and acquisition pre-deal risks and issues to help our clients realise their deal value and continously push their post deal strategy going forward.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional Responsibilities :
Our team is a blend of data scientists and deal professionals teaming to bring targeted commercial insights through a blend of industry specific experience and cutting edge data science techniques.
Custom Orgs :
Global LoS :
Global Network :
Global Competency Network :
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Finance, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Economics and Finance, Statistics, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Systems Analysis, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting
Certification(s) Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates knowledge and/or a proven record of success in one or both of the following areas:
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities of applying business acumen as a team leader by:
- Managing high performing teams preferably in data analytics, consulting, and /or private equity;
- Demonstrating expert level communication and client presentation skills;
- Understanding detailed financial statements, business cycles (Revenue, supply chain, etc.), business diligence, financial modeling, and valuation, etc;
- Managing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment and working under time sensitive client deadlines; and,
- Analyzing or managing accounting, financial, transactional data, and statistical methods in support of data analysis.
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities of applying a range of technical, digital, and other professional capabilities by:
- Utilizing a high degree of collaboration, ingenuity, and innovation to apply tools and techniques to address client questions;
- Utilizing data extraction/transformation, analytics, and visualization approaches;
- Leveraging preferred tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, and PowerPoint;
- Employing business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.) to turn data into insights;
- Using ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), and having experience with SQL, Alteryx, Power Query and / or other agile technologies preferred;
- Possessing knowledge of and having exposure to basic programming: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, Java, or other languages; and,
- Using and/or having exposure to big data approaches preferred: PySpark, Apache Spark, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure ML, R, Python, Java, etc..
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniormanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top