Deal Analytics - Senior Associate
A career in our Deals Data and Analytics practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with the deal process and deliver outstanding services both pre-deal and post-deal from the perspective of mergers and acquisitions data analysis. As an expert in Deals Data Analytics, you will deal with large volume business data, including performing data extraction, transformation, modelling, data visualisation, benchmarking, and analysis from a merger and acquisition prospective as well as cooperating with other due diligence or post deal service teams to support various deals projects. By means of data analytics, you are expected to utilise various data technology including data visualisation, data mining, big data techniques, to identify key merger and acquisition pre-deal risks and issues to help our clients realise their deal value and continously push their post deal strategy going forward.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our team is a blend of data scientists and deal professionals teaming to bring targeted commercial insights through a blend of industry specific experience and cutting edge data science techniques.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Economics, Business Analytics
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in executing client engagements and/or projects with business and technical domain knowledge in the following areas:
- Working on high performing teams preferably in data analytics, consulting, and /or private equity;
- Understanding of financial statements, business cycles (Revenue, supply chain, etc.), business diligence, and valuation, etc.;
- Analyzing or managing accounting, financial, transactional data, and statistical methods in support of data analysis;
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative environment and working under time sensitive client deadlines;
- Communicating and presenting in a clear and concise manner;
- Utilizing previous experience and track record of data extraction/transformation, analytics, and visualization approaches;
- Utilizing a high degree of collaboration, ingenuity, and innovation to apply tools and techniques to address client questions;
- Utilizing advanced skills in the following: Alteryx, Tableau and Excel;
- Leveraging business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.) to turn data into insights;
- Leveraging knowledge of performing data ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), and utilizing experience with SQL, Alteryx, Power Query and other agile technologies;
- Working with relational databases;
- Utilizing experience with basic programming: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, etc.; and,
- Utilizing knowledge of modern big data approaches preferred: e.g. PySpark, Apache Spark, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure ML, R, Python, Java, etc.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top