Deal Analytics - Manager
A career in our Deals Data and Analytics practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with the deal process and deliver outstanding services both pre-deal and post-deal from the perspective of mergers and acquisitions data analysis. As an expert in Deals Data Analytics, you will deal with large volume business data, including performing data extraction, transformation, modelling, data visualisation, benchmarking, and analysis from a merger and acquisition prospective as well as cooperating with other due diligence or post deal service teams to support various deals projects. By means of data analytics, you are expected to utilise various data technology including data visualisation, data mining, big data techniques, to identify key merger and acquisition pre-deal risks and issues to help our clients realise their deal value and continously push their post deal strategy going forward.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our team is a blend of data scientists and deal professionals teaming to bring targeted commercial insights through a blend of industry specific experience and cutting edge data science techniques.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Finance, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Statistics, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Mathematics, Accounting
Certification(s) Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in executing client engagements and/or projects with business and technical domain knowledge in the following areas:
- Understanding and having success within Deals environment;
- Managing high performing technical teams, comprising data scientists, database administrators, data analysts, and / or data visualization specialists, etc.;
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative environment and working under time sensitive client deadlines;
- Understanding of financial statements, business cycles (Revenue, supply chain, etc.), business diligence, and valuation, etc.;
- Analyzing or managing accounting, financial, transactional data, and statistical methods in support of data analysis;
- Communicating and presenting in a clear and concise manner;
- Utilizing previous experience and track record of data extraction/transformation, analytics, and visualization approaches;
- Utilizing a high degree of collaboration, ingenuity, and innovation to apply tools and techniques to address client questions;
- Utilizing advanced skills in the following: Alteryx, Tableau and Excel;
- Leveraging business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.) to turn data into insights;
- Working knowledge of performing data ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), and experience with SQL, Alteryx, Power Query and other agile technologies;
- Leveraging experience working with relational databases;
- Leveraging experience with basic programming: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, etc.; and,
- Utilizing knowledge of modern big data approaches preferred: e.g. PySpark, Apache Spark, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure ML, R, Python, Java, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top