Deal Analytics - Director
A career in our Deals Data and Analytics practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with the deal process and deliver outstanding services both pre-deal and post-deal from the perspective of mergers and acquisitions data analysis. As an expert in Deals Data Analytics, you will deal with large volume business data, including performing data extraction, transformation, modelling, data visualisation, benchmarking, and analysis from a merger and acquisition prospective as well as cooperating with other due diligence or post deal service teams to support various deals projects. By means of data analytics, you are expected to utilise various data technology including data visualisation, data mining, big data techniques, to identify key merger and acquisition pre-deal risks and issues to help our clients realise their deal value and continously push their post deal strategy going forward.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional Responsibilities :
Our team is a blend of data scientists and deal professionals teaming to bring targeted commercial insights through a blend of industry specific experience and cutting edge data science techniques.
Custom Orgs :
Global LoS :
Global Network :
Global Competency Network :
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Analytics, Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Statistics, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thought-leader level abilities applying business acumen as a team leader by:
- Managing high performing teams preferably in data analytics, consulting, and /or private equity;
- Demonstrating expert level communication and client presentation skills;
- Understanding detailed financial statements, business cycles (Revenue, supply chain, etc.), business diligence, financial modeling, and valuation, etc;
- Managing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment and working under time sensitive client deadlines; and,
- Analyzing or managing accounting, financial, transactional data, and statistical methods in support of data analysis.
Demonstrates thought leader level abilities of applying a range of technical, digital, and other professional capabilities by:
- Utilizing a high degree of collaboration, ingenuity, and innovation to apply tools and techniques to address client questions;
- Utilizing data extraction/transformation, analytics, and visualization approaches;
- Leveraging preferred tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, and PowerPoint;
- Employing business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.) to turn data into insights;
- Using ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), and having experience with SQL, Alteryx, Power Query and / or other agile technologies preferred;
- Possessing knowledge of and having exposure to basic programming: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, Java, or other languages; and,
- Using and/or having exposure to big data approaches preferred: PySpark, Apache Spark, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure ML, R, Python, Java, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top