Cyber Ops - Sr Analyst
- San Antonio, TX
A career in our Advisory Acceleration Centre is the natural extension of PwC's leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Specialist, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Conduct self in a professional manner and take responsibility for work and commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work.
- Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate with empathy and adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders effectively.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
GSEC, SEC+, Network+, Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some knowledge of and/or a proven record of success with:
- Networking and applying Network Principles (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture;
- Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures;
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing of systems, applications, and networks; and,
- Information security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security industry leading practices and principles.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with:
- Participating in daily huddles, shift handovers, preparing reports or providing inputs for reports as assigned;
- Communicating information regarding the security threat landscape;
- Identifying security threats, exploits, attack vectors and performing security investigations;
- Monitoring the local threat ops channels/SIEM/AV/DLP Policy violation consoles and notifying the client/stakeholders of any suspicious/malicious activity within agreed SLA timelines;
- Running a vulnerability scan as per the client schedules;
- Performing initial triage of SIEM, DLP, Host (end point) security issues and escalating based on the defined processes;
- Working with SIEMs, proxy tools, DLP, windows, UNIX and application logs;
- Analyzing logs from Network security devices, hands on experience with SIEM technology, network security devices, identity and access management principles, DLP incident evidence gathering utilizing and applying into projects analytic skills for problem analysis and resolution;
- Acquiring and utilizing knowledge on new technologies and solutions, emerging threats and vulnerabilities;
- Monitoring and analyzing alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM's, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Systems, Networks, Anti-virus, etc.);
- Applying the security incident response process: identification, containment and remediation on a 24x7 basis;
- Applying scripting language skills in Python or PowerShell; and,
- Preparing materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) to help enable informed decision making
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryspecialist.
Back to top