Consumer Finance - Senior Associate
- New York, NY
A career in our Consumer Finance, within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional Job Description
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in project management in management consulting, banking, or financial services that includes the following areas:
- Risk-based process diagnostics and benchmarking (e.g. default, collections, REO);
- Due diligence and post-merger integration assistance;
- TDR accounting and loan modification process analysis and support;
- Development of loan accounting, finance effectiveness and economics solutions;
- Servicing profitability and cash management strategies;
- Model validation;
- Loan price optimization strategies;
- Customer and household segmentation strategies;
- Assisting with strategies surrounding increasing customer retention, improving cross-sell opportunities and understanding customer values;
- Technical accounting assistance; and,
- Providing change management strategies for effective downsizing.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in analyzing detailed finance and business processes to identify improvement opportunities.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents; and, balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and, keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in MS Excel, Visio, Access.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in simplifying complex processes to improve reliability and achieve cost and cycle time reductions and managing work stream of a complex project to implement process improvements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top