Cloud - Senior Manager - Financial Services
- New York, NY
PwC's Cloud Computing and Networking practice helps our clients transform their business through innovative technology solutions and effective IT Service Management. Part of that journey includes helping our clients enable innovation, reinventing their customer experience, and exploring new markets. You will be immersed in a variety of different projects, groups, and locations while getting inspired through your community to grow as an individual as well as a team. Our diverse client service teams encourages out-of-the-box thinking, problem solving, great team mentality and a curiosity for understanding the latest in technology.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
7 year(s) of client facing, consulting experience or a blend of consulting and industry.
Certification from a leading cloud or service management provider
Preferred Qualifications :
As a Senior Manager, you have a deep understanding of one or both of the following areas:
- Cloud platforms and the technologies that make them work. (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- IT Service Management and how it is implemented across different operating models. (ITIL, ServiceNow)
You have a passion for discussing how effective these technologies can be in helping businesses become more efficient and resilient. You are skilled in applying these strategies in transformative projects. You stay on top of new trends and vendors, and are always looking to grow your skills. You consistently connect what's happening in your industry with developments in emerging technologies.
- Our teams are most successful when we bring a diverse set of viewpoints and skills to a common goal. You might be a good fit for our team if some of the bullets below you:
- You bring together the right perspectives, identify roadblocks, and integrate feedback from clients and team members.
- You manage delivery from project scoping to conclusion, while consistently keeping the client's goals in mind
- You have a passion for developing and growing team members
- You communicate at an executive level
- You begin to leverage your professional network to seek new business opportunities
- You approach new projects with an open mind
- You believe empathy for coworkers and customers is key to your success
- You value learning from mistakes and ask for help when needed
- You persevere through challenges
- You believe in the value created by diverse teams and can adapt to a variety of working styles
- You create thought leadership and sales materials to help grow the PwC Community and build new client relationships
Demonstrates working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud Platforms (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP);
- Cloud Strategy, Design, Architecture and Migration;
- DevOps, Automation CI/CI;
- AI, Machine Learning, IoT;
- ServiceNow, ITIL, SACM;
- COBIT, Remedy, Service Catalogue, CMDB; and,
- Incident, Problem and Change Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top