Cloud Security Engineer
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You'll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
5 year(s) in progressive professional roles involving information security and/or IT management.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in security architecture as applied in the support of and integration with key business and strategic priorities including the following areas:
- Contributing new intellectual capital through deep specialization in a subject matter area or technical domain within Security Architecture;
- Translating pillar strategy by leading or managing others and performing work with significant independence;
- Influencing both internally and externally through building and leading a large team or complex project, or multiple teams or projects, within Security Architecture;
- Managing efforts within the Security Architecture space; and,
- Building and maintaining large-scale, multi-part programs while supervising teams to execute against overall strategy.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Engaging business and technology stakeholders at all levels to gather long term goals and requirements;
- Mapping long term business requirements to security architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA, Zachman etc.;
- Designing and building security technology solutions aligned to a global central service environment;
- Engineering experience with enterprise security technology;
- Contributing to a central technology service organization;
- Navigating a matrix organization; and,
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PwC's Employees
"My job allows me to build relationships with other PwC employees as well as my clients. I am able to teach and learn from others around me, which makes me a stronger professional and allows me to grow personally as I interact with people of different backgrounds."
Back to top