A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. Acive CPA license or equivalent (e.g., Chartered Accountant) preferred.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as both an individual contributor and team member alongside senior CMAAS/cross-functional PwC practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors). This includes demonstrating some proven abilities and/or record of success as both an individual contributor and team member in delivering project management solutions to clients in connection with high profile deals and other transformational events relating to the areas of focus listed above.
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as both an individual contributor and team member in the following areas:
- Operating in a project engagement role as part of a Project Management Office, including using proven project management methodology to develop and implement common forms of project management procedures and tools such as project plans, governance structure, status reporting, communication framework and/or issue registers; and,
- Performing in a project engagement role within a professional services environment, preferably with a background in providing core assurance/auditing services and/or services relating to transactions (e.g., IPOs, divestitures and business combinations);
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams, developing and maintaining relationships with key executives, displaying executive communication skills and exhibiting effective problem solving and business analysis skills.
Demonstrates an interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates some proven abilities and/or record of success as both an individual contributor and team member in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Whole Leadership: inviting and providing evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner; taking ownership of my personal development; consistently delivering on multiple commitments, even when under pressure; and, sharing and collaborating effectively with others, creating a positive team spirit;
- Global Acumen: seeking opportunities to learn about other parts of the business across the Network; engaging productively with virtual team members; and, sharing knowledge and insight widely;
- Relationships: communicating confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form; actively listening and confirming my understanding by asking appropriate questions; adapting my communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience; and, keeping others well informed about progress and outcomes;
- Business Acumen: learning about the wider economy alongside the business models/corporate governance and/or regulatory framework of my clients; working with existing processes/systems, while making constructive suggestions for improvements; taking action to stay up to date with the evolution of technology; and, being able to explain the impact my contribution has on the firm's profitability (i.e., through engagement economics); and,
- Technical Capabilities: producing high quality work, which adheres to the relevant professional standards; keeping up-to-date with technical developments in my area; taking action to develop my digital literacy; and, using the firm's knowledge and research tools to support the sharing of information.
Exposure to automation & digitization in a professional services environment including: innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and, working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.