A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. Active CPA license or equivalent (e.g., Chartered Accountant) preferred.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in participating as an individual contributor and a team member alongside senior CMAAS/cross-functional PwC practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) to deliver project management solutions to clients in connection with high profile deals and other transformational events relating to the areas of focus listed above.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Operating in a project engagement role as part of a Project Management Office, including using proven project management methodology to develop and implement common forms of project management procedures and tools such as project plans, governance structure, status reporting, communication framework and/or issue registers;
- Performing in a project engagement role within a professional services environment, preferably with a background in providing core assurance/auditing services and/or services relating to transactions (e.g., IPOs, divestitures and business combinations); and,
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams, developing and maintaining relationships with key executives, displaying executive communication skills and exhibiting effective problem solving and business analysis skills.
Demonstrates an interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Whole Leadership: using feedback and reflection to develop my self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas; delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results; and, proactively raising issues to improve effective team working;
- Global Acumen: seeking and taking opportunities, which expose me to other businesses, industries and markets; facilitating collaboration across virtual teams (utilizing appropriate technology as applicable); building and maintaining a professional internal and external network;
- Relationships: using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others; reading situations and being sensitive to others, modifying my behavior to build quality, diverse relationships; and, communicating with my clients, regularly updating them and sharing progress;
- Business Acumen: learning about my clients' businesses and how they operate in the industry/marketplace, trying out new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems; gathering information from a range of sources when analyzing and solving complex problems; and,
- Technical Capabilities: testing my own and others' work for quality, accuracy and relevance; developing knowledge of the firm's line of service capabilities and our portfolio of offerings; making the most of opportunities for technical development through on the job learning and exposure; and, sharing relevant thought leadership with my colleagues to enhance knowledge.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.