Business, Risk & Control Management - Manager (Financial Services)
A career in our Core Risk Enterprise Risk Management practice, within Risk Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations rethink their approach to risk by developing a distinctive strategy and creating capabilities and performance. We play an important part in helping our clients assess, design and develop solutions that not only help them manage risk but also transform risk and complexity into a sustainable advantage.
Our team helps organisations implement and sustain enterprise risk management programmes. As part of the team, you'll help to improve our clients performance and add value by facilitating the proactive governance and management of risk, helping clients identify, assess, and manage known and emerging risks within defined appetite levels and tolerances.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
6 year(s) of relevant experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Risk Management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Financial Services products and services (e.g., Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management, Insurance);
- Financial Services industry companies, trends, and practices;
- Analyzation of large data sets and familiarity with related data analysis tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Salesforce);
- Business process design, modeling, and automation as well as related tools (e.g., UiPath); and/or
- Prior leadership position (e.g., banking, military, regulatory) including leading large programs or teams of individuals.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of risk and compliance programs, including:
- Implementing leading standards (e.g. COSO, ERM), regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations;
- Defining risk management practices in alignment with organization's strategy;
- Assisting organizations with achieving a competitive advantage by managing risk and compliance in a streamlined manner and creating greater resilience to risk;
- Leading business and/or risk management teams to identify, assess, and actively manage financial and/or non-financial risk;
- Designing sustainable risk management and compliance programs, including governance and oversight, standards and processes, tools and technology, metrics and reporting; and,
- Designing and implementing models for data classification and mapping based on regulatory and business requirements to provide requisite dashboards and reporting.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs:
- Leading client discussions, meetings, and relationships as a trusted advisor;
- Structuring client strategies based on understanding of business needs;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
- Utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Communicating complex messages clearly and concisely in verbal and written form;
- Managing client feedback and navigating ambiguous situations to deliver on client requests;
- Managing engagement economics, billing and collections, and contracts; and,
- Building relationships with internal and client stakeholders.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Leading large or multiple teams and creating an atmosphere of trust;
- Generating a vision and establishing direction for the team, encouraging a diversity of opinions;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; and,
- Considering cross-cultural differences and fostering a global mindset for the team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top