ASR Risk Assurance Digital Risk Solutions Intern - Summer 2021
A career in our Analytics Data Assurance practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted. Our team helps business leaders navigate evolving risks by staying ahead of uncertainty by developing smart infrastructure and harnessing data through analytics. As a part of the team, you'll help us develop cost effective technology solutions that focus on delivering relevant, actionable intelligence that executives need to understand operations and manage critical risks.
As an Intern/Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- You'll be a part of an environment that broadens your functional training, personal and technical skills, and deepens your knowledge of client services. You'll play an integral role supporting staff as needed for an outstanding variety of work and making contributions to the team on a daily basis.
Our Intern's role in PwC's Risk Assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Supporting select phases of a financial statement audit;
- Supporting select projects;
- Demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member, building solid relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively; and,
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Building solid relationships with diverse project teams as well as clients;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner & delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing & completing tasks;
- Contributing to a positive working environment & seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor proactively;
- Learning how the development and maintenance of digital solutions is governed via portfolio, program, and team management;
- Understand risks and leading practices in project management, SDLCs, and agile techniques;
- Understanding end-to-end business processes across various ERP systems or cloud based solutions (Salesforce, SAP, Workday, Oracle and other industry-specific systems), document business requirements including compliance aspects, creating design documentation and process flows to assist in implementing security, controls, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions; and,
- Learning and applying data analytics techniques while utilizing problem solving skills to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses using a diverse set of technology applications and tools (i.e. Excel, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, etc).
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success promoting PwC's culture of shared values and principles, exhibiting general awareness about global issues to identify & address client needs by:
- Utilizing critical thinking that breaks down complex problems, understands root causes, and proposes viable solutions while maintaining quality;
- Working in collaborative and team based environment, delivering with diverse global client, PwC and third-party teams, and learning accounting principles and business processes;
- Learning how to evaluate, cleanse, design, and implement data models using data mining techniques; understand business intelligence and relational database concepts;
- Understanding big data objectives, concepts, and technologies such as Hadoop;
- Identifying and incorporating tools and techniques using technology applications (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, ACL, Access/Excel, Visual Basic, R, Python, SAS, Stata, Alteryx) and build reporting capabilities through data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, Einstein Analytics);
- Demonstrating knowledge of descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning principles, AI, robotic process automation (RPA), project management, software and solution implementation methodologies;
- Demonstrating interest to independently learn business processes and technologies, in particular, ERP, GRC and CRM solutions;
- Understanding various facets of business and/or IT processes, concepts of enterprise risk, internal controls, ERPs and CRMs, cloud solutions, corporate compliance and regulatory mandates, portfolio, program, and agile team management, technical aspects of information systems, financial reporting concepts, & systems development methodology; and,
- Exhibiting flexibility, desire to travel as client assignments require & demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to top