ASR External Audit Associate - Summer/Fall 2020
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Our Associate's role in PwC's core assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Participate in all phases of a financial statement audit and audit of internal controls;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Before starting with PwC full-time, will be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers are typically in the final academic year of completing their educational requirements.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: utilizing problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; interacting with various levels of leadership (client and/or team-based) in both written and verbal form; and, self-motivating and taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
Wonder what it's really like to be an associate in audit? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/lWS6J6-Vmiw
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top