ASR Digital Risk Solutions Associate - Summer/Fall 2020
A career in our Analytics Data Assurance practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we're able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted. Our team helps business leaders navigate evolving risks by staying ahead of uncertainty by developing smart infrastructure and harnessing data through analytics. As a part of the team, you'll help us develop cost effective technology solutions that focus on delivering relevant, actionable intelligence that executives need to understand operations and manage critical risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Our Associate's role in PwC's Risk Assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Participate in all phases of a financial statement audit and audit of internal controls;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Accounting, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers are typically in the final academic year of completing their educational requirements.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Candidates for a first-year Assurance DRS Associate role demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Building solid relationships with diverse project teams as well as clients;
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Contributing to a positive working environment;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Learning about how the development and maintenance of digital solutions is governed via portfolio, program, and team management;
- Understanding risks and leading practices in project management, SDLC, and agile techniques;
- Understanding end-to-end business processes across various ERP systems or cloud based solutions (Salesforce, SAP, Workday, Oracle, and other industry-specific systems), document business requirements including compliance aspects, creating design documentation and process flows to assist in implementing security, controls, and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions; and,
- Learning and applying data analytics techniques while utilizing problem solving skills to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses using a diverse set of technology applications and tools (i.e. Excel, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, etc).
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in promoting PwC's culture of shared values and principles, exhibiting general awareness about global issues to identify and address client needs, including in the following areas:
- Utilizing critical thinking that breaks down complex problems, understands root causes, and proposes viable solutions while maintaining quality;
- Working in collaborative and team based environment, delivering with diverse global client, PwC and third-party teams;
- Demonstrating ability to learn accounting principles and business processes;
- Demonstrating ability to learn how to evaluate, cleanse, design, and implement data models using data mining techniques;
- Understanding business intelligence and relational database concepts, as well as big data objectives, concepts, and technologies such as Hadoop;
- Demonstrating ability to identify and incorporate tools and techniques using technology applications (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, ACL, Access/Excel, Visual Basic, R, Python, SAS, Stata, Alteryx) and build reporting capabilities through data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, Einstein Analytics);
- Demonstrating knowledge of descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning principles, AI, robotic process automation (RPA), project management, software and solution implementation methodologies;
- Demonstrating interest to independently learn business processes and technologies, in particular, ERP, GRC and CRM solutions; and,
- Understanding various facets of business and/or IT processes, concepts of enterprise risk, internal controls, ERPs and CRMs, cloud solutions, corporate compliance and regulatory mandates, portfolio, program, and agile team management, technical aspects of information systems, financial reporting concepts, and systems development methodology.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of PwC's Employees
"My job allows me to build relationships with other PwC employees as well as my clients. I am able to teach and learn from others around me, which makes me a stronger professional and allows me to grow personally as I interact with people of different backgrounds."
Back to top