ASR Consumer Finance Associate - Summer/Fall 2020
A career in our Consumer Finance, within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
PricewaterhouseCoopers' Consumer Finance Group (CFG) provides value-added business advisory services to help top tier clients solve complex strategic, financial, and operational challenges.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting & Finance
Additional Educational Preferences :
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers are typically in the final academic year of completing their educational requirements.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Our Consumer Finance Group team looks for professionals who are able to demonstrate the following:
- Play an integral role as a professional in PwC's assurance services provided to consumer finance clients;
- Participate in researching, identifying, documenting and providing process information during client engagements;
- Participate in a wide range of CFG-related projects where consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative are necessary;
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member: understand personal and team roles; and contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Identify and address client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; and approaching client in an organized and knowledgeable manner. - Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Exercising professional skepticism in gathering, reviewing, and analyzing client information.
A basic understanding of financial accounting, managerial accounting, assurance and systems.
Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures and how it applies to business processes. Demonstrates some ability to research, analyze, and exercise professional scepticism when gathering, reviewing and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters, especially Consumer Finance Industry issues.
Demonstrates proven ability to work on projects and/or assignments that leverage creative problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Demonstrates some ability to prepare memoranda and/or reports that communicate research findings and recommendations concisely and effectively with an orientation toward business communication and grammar, as well as an overall ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in through written and verbal communications.
Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
Back to top