Advisory Financial Services Commercial Lending Senior Associate
- New York, NY
A career in our Financial Services Enabling Technologies practice, within Industry and Functional Apps services, will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients' user experience. As part of our team, you'll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and understanding of, and success with managing client engagements and producing solutions that involve, the following areas:
- Transaction lifecycles of Financial, Healthcare, Federal and Product and Services products;
- Financial operations, including the financial close, planning and forecasting processes;
- Operations and administration of Financial, Healthcare, Federal , Product and Services businesses;
- Data and systems interactions including IT tools and technology;
- Documentation and the identification of key controls within the transaction lifecycle;
- Statutory Reporting, GAAP or IFRS requirements; and,
-Trends of global organizations utilizing pragmatic approaches to achieve sustainable financial functions and operating models.
Demonstrated proven extensive functional knowledge of business intelligence and performance management software tools.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with utilizing tools and techniques to contribute to the delivery of financial effectiveness strategies for global, financial service clients.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with identifying, addressing and managing client needs including:
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions, utilizing PC applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to write and deliver proposals to prospective clients;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflows, budgets, billing and collections; and,
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader by:
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Answering questions and providing direction to less experienced staff;
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback; and,
- Developing, writing, presenting and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Back to top