Vice President Technical Services, Calvin Klein North America & The Underwear Group
The Vice President of Technical Services oversees a global team that includes Technical Design, Raw Materials, Trims & Packaging, and Manufacturing Excellence. Responsible and accountable for fit; ensuring correct, consistent fit and quality across product ranges. Plays a key role as the conduit and decision maker between the design and commercialization of the product from a technical standpoint, linking the product to manufacturing capabilities. Responsible to review and understand strategies in order to implement new processes and technologies that enable speed and continuous improvement, driving out inefficiencies and non-value added activities, to drive toward operational excellence. Responsible to create a culture that enables the continued development of high performing talent that assures the right work is being done in the right place by the right people.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop Tech Services strategies to support overarching business objectives by leveraging across the Technical Services organization
- Clearly define and communicate goals, objectives and roles and responsibilities to teams and all cross functional partners
- Actively manages and measures organizational performance through quantitative and qualitative assessment, including monthly/quarterly department performance metrics, customer surveys and industry benchmarking.
- Set annual goals and objectives to implement work streams driving an environment of constant improvement and change
- Create and understand budget for global headcount, travel and other expenses that are aligned to GSC TUG budget
- Manage and develop global talent, including compensation, performance management, career development and succession planning.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years minimum related experience working in a collaborative supply chain environment utilizing global teams
- 10 + years minimum leading global teams
- Factory experience a must
Education: Bachelors of Science preferred or equivalent manufacturing experience and/or working with design teams to execute design intent
- Excellent communication - verbal and written
- Knowledge of a product lifecycle - including product development and corresponding time lines
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive and adapt to ever changing environment
- Lead and develop talent globally
DECISION MAKING: Demonstrates sound judgment & able to make decisions and move forward in ambiguous situations. Establish decision making rights for team.
RESOURCEFULNESS / CREATIVITY:
- Comfortable with all levels and able to navigate within the organization
- Creative problem solving
- Fast learner
- Open minded
- Forward thinking
- Dynamic leadership
- Agile, fast paced
- Brand champions
- Disruptive thinking
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Focused on operational excellence
- Effectively leading team
* The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Back to top