If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
The Van Heusen Retail Store Planner will utilize the JDA – Arthur Allocation system to determine store needs at the class, style, color and size level. Allocate merchandise to stores based on store sales, receipt and inventory plans. Manage store inventory levels to maximize sales, gross margin and inventory turn. Provide quantitative analysis to support the business needs and to direct future purchases.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Utilize the Arthur Allocation system to produce store unit sales and stock requirements by class, style, color and size based on historical performance and trend
- Develop proper need calculations and determine store needs by taking into account store history and current trends
- Monitor the stores’ sales performance by class based on unit sales trends and current inventory and make the proper adjustments going forward
- Select similar store for modeling new store plans
- Allocate merchandise to the stores based on the store’s plans and/or style selling
- Monitor sales and inventory for each store to determine additional store needs or stock imbalances
- Identify and determine additional store receipt requirements and recommend reorder quantities by style and color
- Compile historical data into volume groups to establish group rankings by store to support merchant’s assortment plan process.
- Participate in the planning process with the Product Planner and buyer by providing historical data and analysis to verify the plans are consistent with the store’s sales potential and meet the inventory receipt requirements
- Analyze and recap store sales performance on transitional merchandise, select store buys, test items, etc. to identify where there is sales opportunity
- Monitor core item sales performance and inventory levels by climate/region/district/store and make necessary adjustments to the plans and allocations going forward to maintain proper inventory balance
- Develop store assortments and transitional plans with the Product Planner and Buyers by quantifying the number of styles and colors needed for next season’s purchases based on historical performance
- Build opening assortments for new stores. Monitor flow of receipts being held for store to ensure planned inventory levels are being met.
- Communicate frequently with Buyers, Planners, Store Planners, and third party vendors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 1 -3 years retail experience in merchandising or distribution
Education: College graduate and/or industry experience
- Technical knowledge in PC-based systems and application software including Arthur Allocation and Island Pacific.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing trends of the business and/or ad hoc projects.
- Must be able to communicate with several layers of management.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top