Store Design Planner
If you are a current PVH Associate, please apply to this requisition through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Store Design Planner
The Store Design Planner has input into the floor plan to meet the requirements of the store, follows the store plans, computer hook ups, stair wells, sprinkler systems, HVAC requirements. Decides where fixtures and cash raps are to be placed and makes decisions on whether costs of changes are worth it. Makes decisions on all electrical, mechanical, fixture plan and store plan. For existing stores- does the shelving and works with Design & Construction Purchasing team.
Also responsible for producing or coordinating the production of, assigned space-planning and construction document projects, of moderate complexity levels, with appropriate accuracy. Development of construction documents should reflect basic code compliance and construction details. Projects should be completed with minimal supervision, while meeting scheduled production goals. Must know industry standards and divisional standards. Manage 20-30 projects at a time.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Produce assigned space-planning and/or construction document projects according to schedule deadlines.
- Coordinate production of consultant assigned projects.
- Complete store layouts or special assignments of average complexity to ensure design and division goals are met.
- Complete building department revision assignments of average complexity to ensure design and division goals are maintained.
- Prepare and present prototypical store design layouts or concepts to divisional Visual Vice Presidents and Retail Presidents.
- Utilize all department design information and code resources to effectively complete accurate CD sets.
- Update and maintain division prototypical drawings and files. Provide written communication on updated specification information to dept on a timely basis.
- Develop supportive relationships with all related departments, to achieve, and insure, accurate, and timely Corporate, Division and Dept updates with results.
- Communicate internally with all departments to achieve and insure accurate and timely corporate updates and results.
- Communicate externally with architectural and engineering consultants, surveyors and contractors
- Provide assistance and problem resolution to Operations Coordinators, Construction Projects Managers and contractors to ensure accuracy of design and company standards.
- Travel to store sites, new store openings, renovations, and go to NY for meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 3-5 years of experience. Basic knowledge of architectural design, construction technology, building and life safety codes, and general building permit requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree or equivalent in Interior Design or Architecture
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills: oral, written and visual.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of architectural design, construction technology, project supervision of retail facilities, building and life safety codes, and general building permit requirements.
- Knowledge of retail design and construction experience of new stores, renovations and fixture development.
- Strong space planning skills. Strong CAD experience and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with average complexities
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top