Sr Technical Designer - The Underwear Group Supply
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr Technical Designer - The Underwear Group Supply
The Senior Technical Designer leads the fit session, drives the fit approval process with New York City and Hub teams, mentors and develops the Technical Design, is responsible for making technical recommendations to cross functional partners while maintaining design intent and product commercialization.
The Senior Technical Designer for bras influences and drives company strategy that relates to pad development. He or she works directly with raw material supplier i.e chemical, foam and textile companies to achieve the latest and most innovative product information in the business. He or she will partner with vendors on cross function teams creating recommendations or solutions to ensure design intent is achieved.
The Senior Technical Designer is responsible and accountable for ensuring correct, consistent fit and quality across the product ranges. He or she partners with the Technical Services team to effectively execute new processes and technologies that enable speed and continuous improvement. This role supports a culture that enables the continued development of high performing teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Ability to execute design and fit intent into commercially acceptable proto's while maintaining brand identity and quality.
• Effectively communicates technical recommendations and leads tech pass off meetings and fit sessions. Facilitates conversations educating cross functional partners.
• Drives the proto approval process and fit consistency across all brands within the division.
• Strong pad and pattern making and grading knowledge across different size ranges
• In-depth knowledge and experience of how sewing and different construction techniques can enhance the fit and aesthetic across multiple fabrications.
• Takes a lead in executing tech processes and strategies effectively on daily basis.
• Manage and develops direct report effectively to ensure team is set up for success
• Leads the team thru key projects and initiatives such as PLM, Model creation & Global fits.
• Act as liaison between NY cross functional teams and overseas hubs.
• Ability to create an accurate technical package including spec sheet, construction sketches, BOM and grading.
• Responsible for all Concept, Proto, and Design Intent approvals (fit, grading, construction, pressing, finishing)
• Creates and maintains block and pattern library to leverage good fit blocks across multiple brands.
• Understanding of markers to support cross functional teams during costing exercise.
• Ability to pro-actively trouble shoot and problem solve.
• Partner closely with cross functional teams to drive proto development process.
• Maintain integrity of right first time information.
• Creating and ensuring calendar adherence and deliverables are met.
• Align organizational needs with vendor capabilities.
• Drives for continual improvement and innovation to enhance product quality, fit and process effectiveness
• Builds strong relationships with internal and external partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 7+ years minimum of industry experience working with patterns and design teams in a collaborative supply chain environment
• Previous experience working with Technical Design Bra and Pad Development
Education: Bachelors of Science preferred or equivalent manufacturing experience and/or working with a design team to execute design intent.
• Effective Communication- excellent verbal and written.
• Working knowledge of garment manufacturing process.
• Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
• Strong computer skills ( preferred programs PLM ,Web PDM, Accumark, Illustrator and Excel)
• Knowledge of production, costing and engineering of product
• Knowledge of product development and corresponding calendar.
• Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary (\"PVH\") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Project Manager at Innovation Next, PVH
Taylor sources new enterprise capabilities with the Innovation Team, connecting the solutions they discover with business goals to expand white space. He also helps with process improvement and cultural connectivity.
Back to top