Sr Manager Marketing Database Operations
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr Manager Marketing Database Operations
The Senior Manager Marketing Database Operations plays a key role within the Retail Marketing team, supporting the ongoing and evolving business intelligence needs for analytics and planning. Generally responsible for development and maintenance of the marketing customer database, along with broader operational processes which affect the quality and standards of the data sources feeding the marketing database and related reporting environments. This person will act as a project manager and will interface with a variety of stakeholders, including internal partners as well as external vendors, in order to create and maintain data structure and processes which best support the implementation of marketing strategies and reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a systems and process-oriented professional who will ensure data integrity and timely availability for ongoing and ad-hoc analyses. Detail-oriented, innovative traits are necessary. This person must have an eye for detail and analytics with a vision of the bigger picture to understand the critical relationships between data originating from various sources and to make ongoing recommendations and implement improvements in processes where opportunities exist. Must have the ability to troubleshoot and quickly work with cross-functional partners and outside vendors to correct any data/reporting issues affecting the usefulness of the data being provided. Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with a strict adherence to deadlines. Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing trends of business and projects. It is preferred that this person also has retail marketing database experience, with a knowledge of campaign management and reporting tools necessary to support a retail CRM program.
- Act as project lead with outside vendors and internal IT team to provide/receive data files
- Ensure process integrity for updates to and maintenance of customer database
- Check and enforce data quality standards, including data consistency
- Maintain underlying data architecture with database solutions vendor
- Maintain, together with database solutions vendor, support documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
- Establish and manage project goals and timelines
- Execute against and maintain record of defined business rules
- Monitor upcoming system upgrades and changes and their projected impacts to customer database
- Identify opportunities to provide greatest efficiencies for data use
- Support, update, maintain and develop marketing reporting templates
- Identify new data variables that can be integrated into the customer database and reporting, and lead such integrations
- Establish metrics to measure data quantity and quality in the system
- Manage/negotiate costs of projects as necessary. Ensure actual expense is within allocated budget
- Responsible for maintaining and recommending best-practice approaches amongst retail database structures, ensuring that the Company’s database is sound, efficient, accurate and supportive of carrying out a market-leading CRM program
- BS in Marketing, Computer Science, MIS or related, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in database operations and administration, retail preferred
- Advanced user of MS Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Working knowledge of SAS programming a plus
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects or Cognos
- Strong understanding of information management in a structured database
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to collect and analyze data, identify opportunities and make actionable recommendations
- Exposure to campaign management tools, such as Alterian, Acclaim, Unica, etc., is a plus
- Professional demeanor and proactive approach
- Highly motivated, well organized self-starter
- Strong communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Consistently achieves a high level of quality
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work in fluid environment with changing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines with frequent changes to projects
Candidates must apply directly to the position via our online application system in order to be considered.
No agencies, calls or emails regarding this position.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top