Sr. Forecaster - Internet
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr. Forecaster - Internet
The Sr. Forecaster - Internet will be responsible for generating and maintaining a 36 month statistical baseline forecast, integrating into it market intelligence from collaborative partners, and publishing it to be used in supply and financial planning for the Internet and Speedo.com accounts.
The Sr. Forecaster - Internet will be the single source owner of the performance of Speedo's Internet & ecommerce accounts by monitoring, managing, and reporting variances of actual demand forecasts vs. sales forecasts. The Sr. Forecaster - Internet will have continuous communication with the supply chain team to review changes in the demand forecast in order to help maintain optimal inventory levels.
The Sr. Forecaster - Internet will depart from the B&M reconciliation process to develop and execute the planning strategies and processes that result in high forecast accuracy and on-time order fulfillment for the unique demand behavior of Speedo's Internet and ecommerce businesses. In addition, you'll drive long range, annual and seasonal categorical and product-type opportunity analysis and demand forecast strategies.
The net result should be increased wholesale order fulfillment through forecast accuracy, greater profitability and improved inventory turns.
- Timely follow the monthly process to develop and publish a 36-month rolling demand forecasts in units and dollars, which becomes the basis for operating plans and financial projections.
- Generate and execute weekly inventory analysis for Internet account order approvals, forecast consumption and ATS need.
- Analyze historical demand, filter out outliers/exceptions, identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm, develop base plan, understand variance, propose improvement opportunities, communicate consensus, and incorporate demand signals into forecast.
- Manage forecast by exceptions utilizing demand planning tools and reports to identify areas of highest volatility and error.
- Analyze and maintain size scales in the forecasting system to communicate appropriate sized forecast to the inventory planning team.
- Collect past/future demand factors (distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans, for example) from sales and merchandising and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with sales, merchandising and operations to understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Lead the monthly consolidation of forecasts across teams so that demand review and new product reviews are conducted as part of the integrated business planning cycle.
- Participate in monthly collaboration meetings with supply chain to review published forecasts, resulting buy plans, and issues/opportunities to optimize inventories and increase sales.
- Analyze forecast accuracy & bias, develop enhancements to improve results, test, document, and re-cycle continuously. Show continuous improvement in forecast accuracy across various lead time lags.
- Report and manage variances of annual, seasonal, and monthly sales budgets at different levels
- Champion demand planning best practices and support continuous improvement in the forecasting and collaboration processes.
- 5 plus years of professional experience in demand planning, business planning, or supply chain planning roles with touch point in commercial and financial analysis.
- Consumer products company experience preferred, especially a fast moving consumer goods in ecommerce channel business highly desirable. Apparel or like product planning not required by highly desirable.
- 2-4 years of experience with a leading forecasting solution / tool; preferably JDA Demand or Demand Solutions, or relevant experience with similar modules such as SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related Quantitative field.
- APICS, IBF Demand (CPF) or CSCMP certification not required but highly valued
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to influence senior leaders in department and division with the analysis you provide.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance analyses, and causal (basic) models.
- Advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software (Excel).
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top