Sr. Director Merchandising, Men’s 205W39NYC - CALVIN KLEIN
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr. Director Merchandising, Men's 205W39NYC - CALVIN KLEIN
The Senior Director, Merchandising is the responsible for developing and driving the execution of the product strategy and brand growth for the global community. This position develops the product line plan vision and directs the global line planning function in order to achieve or exceed annual financial goals. He/she must ensure that the line plan and product assortment addresses a global vision while at the same time meeting local needs. Key metrics for success will include retail trend, new product hit rates, style scale and SKU efficiencies.
Using strong collaborating and influencing skills, this position serves a "conduit" between the 205W39NYC Design team and the business. He/she ensures that product meets specific merchandising objectives, revenue targets and goals. This position ensures that product lines are brought to market in a timely and profitable manner, are in accordance with the line plans and production calendars.
The Senior Director serves as a hub for all of the merchandising needs and deliverables across the global community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing the product vision and merchandising line plan for 205W38NYC Men's product
- Responsible for collaborating, influencing and driving to consensus all short and long range merchandising strategies and objectives. Ensures the successful implementation of said strategies by providing direction to design, merchandising and technical teams
- Own the product development calendar - directly responsible for all meetings and outcomes
- Brings customer and market prospective to the design and product development process. Thoroughly understands the Brand's target customer by tracking attitude and lifestyle trends
- Collaborates with global sourcing partners to attain financial goals and global product needs.
- Provides global marketing and regional sales teams with product knowledge and serves as an informational resource
- Analyzes seasonal business by tracking sales information in order to identify opportunities to improve assortments and margins
- Manages the technical and merchandising teams; identifies staff strengths and areas for development; recognizes positive performance and results and counsels non-performing employees
- Partner with Head of Design on all Product & Strategic Initiatives, both long and short term
- Follow and analyze seasonal sell-out and sell-in and provide best and worst seller report
- Provide support during sales training meetings. Work closely with sales on seasonal training packages
- Work with the President CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC & Calvin Klein by Appointment to manage process of proto development
- Collaborate with the President CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC & Calvin Klein by Appointment on line pricing by supplying previous history and sales info.
- Coordinate organization of meetings pre market with President CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC & Calvin Klein by Appointment, sales and product development
- Assist with edit process to maximize SKU count and finalization at show sample stage
- Plan regular store visits, work with sales associates to understand fit and quality issues. Communicate issues to President CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC & Calvin Klein by Appointment and VP product development
- Organize pre-production fits with model and product development. Assist with tools needed to create efficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years of product development/merchandising experience; preferably in Men's Ready To Wear;
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 2 or more people in differing functions;
2-4 Years of higher education
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to Europe and Asia 3-4 X per year
- Knowledge of fabrics as well as garment construction including bras
- Working knowledge of garment costs and gross margin formulas
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Merchandising, TOMMY HILFIGER
Jane’s goal is to ensure that every TOMMY HILFIGER store that she manages has the right products in the right quantities at the right time.
Back to top