Sr. Designer - Men's Collection Knits
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr. Designer – Men’s Collection Knits
The Senior Designer – Men’s Knits is responsible for leading the design team to develop and implement concepts as well as design and develop the line from conception through to follow through for the Collection line.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design management and development from conception to follow through.
- Oversee aesthetic development of each seasonal commercial Collection.
- Develop and review proposals of color and fabrics with Creative Director and VP of Design
- Thorough research and development of new ideas for each season (color, fabric, silhouette).
- Able to work on present season and anticipate ideas and concepts for the following seasons at the same time.
- Hand sketch all designs.
- Working closely with VP of Merchandising on all presentations, develop ideas into groups and create a story with one idea.
- Have full knowledge of the delivery groups and fabrics.
- Oversees aesthetic development of graphic, trim, and textile design.
- Design calendar adherence
- Illustrate boards based on deliveries.
- Partner with the Knits & Sweaters Design Director to ensure a cohesive collection across categories
- Work with the Technical Sketch artist on sketches to e sent to Italy for selling materials.
- Ensure that we have complete Tech packs for every style including fabric, trim, details, etc
- Communicate with production team in Italy on a regular basis.
- Responsible for scheduling and attending all fittings.
- Travel to tradeshows to observe new trends and materials as well as research.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7 – 10 years in designer capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design.
- International experiences is a plus; focus on Europe, Asia and USA.
- Must have prior runway experience working at a major fashion house.
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to deadlines, weekend work, long hours.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Excellent flat sketching skills.
- Possess high fashion aesthetics
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top