Sourcing Manager - CALVIN KLEIN
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
Sourcing Manager - CALVIN KLEIN
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for category management in conjunction with the supply chain & business strategies. This includes sourcing, product development, pre-production and production responsibilities, meeting organizational KPI's & metrics.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- The need for clear understanding of seasonal strategies, and staying abreast of Global market conditions & macro trends.
- Allocate against vendor capability and global supply chain strategy.
- Calendar management (creation, adherence & problem solving)
- Lead meetings (cross functional wips, business process & special projects)
- Manage & develop reports to ensure accomplishments of deliverables & deadlines.
- Responsible for working with Design, Merchants/ Buyers to provide cost estimates / development options at initial line review to meet margin goals.
- Allocate development and sales samples based on cost targets & vendor capability & capacity allocation.
- Responsible for delivery of protos & salesman samples
- Participate in brand meetings/product reviews/ adoption & line finalization meetings.
- Direct product efforts towards any special projects/new product launches/marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute test orders /chase orders / to include additional speed models in the future.
- Interface with raw materials, technical design, and operations to provide technical support, related manufacturing & supply chain expertise to deliver outcomes that will drive top line profitable sales.
- Change management - review product to ensure requested changes are achievable within sourcing/costing requirements.
- Manage customs classification meetings with import group
- Interface & problem solve with cross functional teams on any product, quality or delivery issues.
- Partner with planning lead on seasonal capacity planning/understand actualized capacity (gaps vs overages ) to strategically resolve.
- Work directly with hubs and vendors to create solutions and strategies to support and grow the FAST business.
- Identify and implement new capabilities to support a quick response model.
- Partner with raw materials team to help resolve seasonal liabilities.
- Establish and execute time and action calendar for individual programs and projects. Clearly communicate and manage deadlines with the business and cross functional teams.
- Maximize gross margin opportunities through leverage, product re-engineering and product versioning (where applicable).
- Review and vet costs prior to presentation to merchants (must be fact based and in line with the macro trends).
- Establish / maintain cost folio within approved vendor matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 5-8 years of experience in the Product Development, Sourcing, Global Production Planning, Manufacturing and Supply Chain related space.
Education: Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must be analytical; entrepreneurial; understand the numbers behind the work in global supply chain and how it ties back to business financials, KPI's & metrics.
- Good judgment & decision making skills (with an ability to get to root cause analysis).
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (to include good listening & negotiation skills, must have the ability to present at leadership level)
- Must be detail oriented, extremely resourceful, have excellent follow up skills; learning and using all appropriate contacts to gather information & drive solutions.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team; transcending different cultures, geographies & time zones.
- Ability to develop efficient processes, review & refine; always striving for continuous improvement.
- Computer skills - Microsoft office is a must, PDM/PLM/XPC are a plus
- Results Oriented
- Customer focused
- Develop self & others
- Can think creatively and innovate
- Flexible & adaptable
- Comfortable with ambiguity & constructive tension
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Project Manager at Innovation Next, PVH
Taylor sources new enterprise capabilities with the Innovation Team, connecting the solutions they discover with business goals to expand white space. He also helps with process improvement and cultural connectivity.
Back to top