S&OP/ IBP DIRECTOR - PVH Corp.
Design Your Future at PVH
S&OP/ IBP DIRECTOR – PVH Corp.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the S&OP/IBP Director (Sales & Operations/ Integrated Business Process) is to lead the integrated business planning (IBP) function across PVH businesses and serve as the subject matter expert on related training, process/tool development and commercial guidance. There are parallel responsibilities that include developing the initial model and planning/business requirements, establishing metric and meeting outputs, roadmaps and milestones, and advising demand and supply business leads on their mid-to-long terms planning process. In this exclusively collaborative role, the position will work across many functions to bring equal contribution and ownership to this important strategic initiative.
- Key architect of future collaborative business planning and IBP strategy as operationalized by the advanced planning tools of JDA.
- Lead the development, implementation and ongoing continuous improvement of S&OP/IBP processes, metrics, systems, organizational capability and structure.
- Own development of the demand and supply planning ‘playbook’ for mid-to-long term (fundamental) S&OP inputs.
- Leverage your experience to teach current teams basic IBP semantics ‘lingo’. Take a diagnostic approach to data and action. Learn to assign increasing ownership to business leaders.
- Lead the work with senior leaders from many functions to ensure understanding and compliance with the IBP cycle so that the IBP cycle is delivering the highest quality outputs. Create necessary schema across multiple management levels.
- Build the performance management system / model for IBP at PVH; through teams utilize applicable KPIs and scenario plans to identify insights into the issues and root causes.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Support – Design, Build, Test, Implement
- Take ownership of current JDA IBP project management partnering with PVH IT on requirement setting, training, and business readiness.
- Develop, re-engineer, and complement necessary tools (including beyond JDA) both pre-requisite and those needed to manage the monthly cycle
- Develop initial first-year roadmaps and IBP processes.
- DITL activities, flows and data requirement for initial launches.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of on-going volume forecasts (demand, supply) as well as in creation of corresponding inventory plans, with the goal of building the appropriate monthly review process.
- Work with PVH Strategic Planning Team to continually develop key performance metrics – use, accuracy, understanding – so that they become critical components of the monthly IBP cycle.
- Increase the development and ownership by business of both demand (market) intelligence required for monthly planning cycles, and, supply (network) capabilities required for execution.
- Leverage your experience to establish business readiness- lead the implementation and roll out of monthly demand and supply meetings to understand upcoming constraints and opportunities to optimize scenarios (margin) across the business.
- Identification of data readiness or JDA IBP output gaps (improvement areas) with on-site JDA consultants ensuring on-time implementation.
- This includes strategic and tactical decision making related to balancing demand and supply; aligning volume and mix with capacity and capability; and integrating financial and operating plans with strategic objectives to deliver improved operating and financial results.
- Goal setting, IBP policy-rule development, and continued business benefit coordination.
- Lead teams toward an improved understanding of optimal forecasting and gap management as a driver to what/where scenario plans are required.
- Support from an IBP (JDA) perspective, some basic rules and ‘playbook’ for PVH’s first NPI/PLC process.
- Provide process and business cycle solutions that ensure end-to-end integration while enabling users to focus on exception management and analytics.
- Oversee strategic planning model that looks at the business three years forward. Meet with PVH Strategic Planning Team and Business Leadership. Model IBP inputs which are based on brand growth, new product project portfolio, expansion, COGS, and operating expense projections. Link such IBP requirements to business planning (JDA) processes (reverse re-engineering).
- Establish in first two years a foundation in which expanded inventory scenario discussion – how to jointly determine planned levels by ABC, segment, sub-brand, IQR type, etc., as part of go-to-market strategies.
- Oversee and direct supply chain in regards to production and capacity planning to achieve clarity on total landed costs thereby informing all necessary supply scenario inputs.
- Educate teams on how execution/operational activity (e.g. logistics, warehousing, customer service, suppliers) impacts gap management and IBP scenario plans. Develop necessary metric focus and related ownership to improve such planning success levers.
- Ensure through continuous ‘hand holding,’ management training, alignment setting, and schedule adherence that the monthly IBP process is sustained and that all people involved contribute.
- Implement necessary phasing of IBP metrics tied to both planning and execution activities, and ensure their adequate development and use. Ensure metrics tied to performance of each function and drives common objectives across the functions.
- Ensure the demand, portfolio and supply management solutions fit well within the S&OP cycle and are driving operational improvements across all functions (scope management).
- Identify key data needs and inputs for the S&OP and establish standardization formats for the data.
- Continual assessment against Gartner’s Maturity Model
- Re-train business users (non-seniors) on anything and everything necessary for a successful multi-stage IBP cycle.
Monthly IBP Meeting – Ongoing
- Support the management of the monthly IBP meeting (per business) in coordination with finance, supply chain, and business senior leaders.
- Proactively monitor and communicate trends and cross-functionally develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Initially coordinate reporting and analytical measurement tools to ensure business objectives are being met. Then transfer ownership to applicable business parties ensuring adoption.
- Provide structured feedback to teams each month on both agenda but also process improvements which work to sustain IBP cycle.
- Lead (first year) the demand, supply, and product review meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of demand, supply, and/or operational planning experience
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity
- Expertise in supply chain or business planning
- Experience initiating or implementing IBP/S&OP in a mid-to-large tier company
- Strong knowledge of S&OP, NPI, Demand, Supply and Financial Planning (multi-functional supply chain required)
- Progressive development through complex or multi-functional businesses
- Consumer products (ideal), pharmaceutical, or retail industry preferred
- Exposure to C-level executives in both running meetings and thinking strategy
- Evidence of managing complex situations without guidance
- B.A. or B.S. degree required – MBA recommended
- Commercial acumen
- Supply chain acumen- particularly in terms of integrative trade-offs
- Planning software – such as JDA, Oracle, SAP – both in demand and supply
- Exposure to IBP or S&OP software
- Strong cognitive and analytical skills a must – advanced skills and conversant with Microsoft Excel – with the ability to use and understand pivot tables, macros, v-lookup etc.
- Planning and business metric use and development
- A “trainer” by nature
- Excellent ability to lead and manage teams cross-functionally
- Evidence of influencing skills to diverse groups (not individuals)
- Ability to lead training sessions and one on one training
- APICS certified a plus.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top