Senior Supply Planner - Project Team
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Supply Planner – Project Team
As part of our Strategic Planning Team, a Senior Supply Planner- Project Team, you’ll position PVH business units through the initial implementation and skill development of JDA ESP (Enterprise Supply Planning) and JDA Fulfillment. You will use the planning tools inherent in JDA, combined with sound inventory, production, and capacity planning science, to ensure the team’s initial work on learning appropriate levels of skill and content knowledge meets the project goals. As a ‘super user’ you will share both inventory and supply planning and project management experience to ensure adoption of all business users. The tool introduction presents significant team and individual changes, therefore you present an important first layer of change management leadership. Thus, the opportunity requires you bring a team-oriented, learning driven, and fact based collaborative process to all work. Through such collaboration, you will establish the appropriate key initial knowledge transfers- fully integrated inventory plans, constrained supply logic, more integrated business process, rough cut capacity and segmented inventory concepts, monthly data and statistical rigor, and an optimism about the possibilities. This should lead you toward guiding inventory and supply analysts to new practices in using statistical models, vendor and product attribution, and multi-level decision making on basic supply scenarios. As a senior supply planner, your role is to support the technical performance of the team in the forecasting tools and solution but with a keen bias toward supporting PVH Performs project in user adoption.
Responsibility for the position include:
- Provide daily user JDA ESP and Fulfillment tool support including creating and explaining configurations, setting parameters/exceptions, re-training, merging tool and ‘to be’ process, expand use of JDA workbenches, validate before and after analysis on initial forecast tuning, intake user identified issues and gaps in tool performance.
- Statistical model setup and fine tuning of initial supply and inventory plans.
- Organize ad hoc and formal user intervention and problem resolutions, direct accordingly for resolution within the project.
- Lead and develop exercises supporting JDA tool training and adoption. Document training gaps and process risks which could be elevated and become dysfunctional. Support content development from seniors on all training required. Conduct one-to-one post-go live tutorials on 2nd level forecasting concepts.
- Lead DITL – ‘day in the life training’ for new business user groups. Conduct training sessions with proper differentiation of content. Integrate relevant business scenarios into training and analyze opportunities for process development.
- Attend and support the user acceptance testing (UAT). Work with PVH business analysts to drive process efficiently to completion. Test scripts as needed.
- Deliver post-go live evaluation and training to users on inventory and supply planning fundamentals within JDA. Fill in gaps as a “Super User” and work with seniors to positions gap closing proposals.
Inventory and Supply Planning
- Support teams in achieving successful supply and inventory plan analysis, cleansing and rationalizing demand and order data/history, identify gaps, utilize the appropriate steps to build capacity plans and analyze layered views on inventory. Through these tasks you always balance the PVH supply position, first.
- Analyze inventory planning accuracy and likely inbound/outbound requirements for 3 month projections. Initiate continuous improvement into process with respect to forecast accuracy and their 2, 3, 6 and 12 month lags and related impact to inventory plan variances.
- Perform daily supply maintenance, including but not limited to order processing, confirmation, tracking orders with suppliers, tool output analysis, vendor capacity minimum and optimal (level loaded), and initiate the necessary inter-and-intra business communication on receiving discrepancies and prioritization, finite scheduling.
- Super user for, and where necessary train users, basic supply parameter maintenance (add, merge, delete) and related use of prioritization logic, vendor capacity and construction attributes, resource loading, firming supply process, configure to order, time phased projections, aggregation vs attributing, and lead time variables.
- Create analyses to demonstrate over/under capacity utilization always contextualizing the variables in product, volume, fabric, construction type that create potential risk/reward scenarios for business.
- Utilize system-generated reports to determine priorities and areas of opportunity and to confirm/communicate results. Create ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Complete post-launch evaluation, major bias and error root cause analyses, and find most sustainable ways to capture and apply knowledge learned to team. Be a center of learning for others. Analyze data scenarios.
- Assist with the Director of Fulfillment, the development and management of the right mix of inventory performance metrics, and then create the basic business process (not reporting) to stakeholders both in monthly demand and supply cycles and larger senior management integrated business planning.
- Lead root cause analysis for the largest fill rate misses (service failures) and show progressive action planning against future incidence. Using JDA tools, provide data for business to understand the development of inventory variances
- Maintain a subset of JDA Fulfillment plans to ensure adequate inventory availability for
specific sales-driving activities including but not limited to Promotions, Off-Shelf, Distribution Fill, and Cycle events. Use input from the analytics team to set appropriate safety stock levels and replenishment parameters within JDA.
- Support process and team skills around managing and resolving stock-out and stock-low
occurrences through JDA workbenches.
- Build an improved data model, with scenarios developed in supply review for integrated
business planning, to sketch the right supplier capacity strategies. Leverage your experience with suppliers to propose new approaches. Take possibility to demand and fulfillment partners to adjust plans accordingly.
- Identify supply chain related non-value added costs and processes that are not financially
favorable to PVH. Challenge and negotiate these conditions with the appropriate vendor
contacts including, vendor minimums, freight terms, vendor cash terms on seasonal or special
circumstance orders and high item order minimums.
Skill Requirements for the position include:
- Supply and/or inventory planning science particular emphasis on (a) statistical, pattern, or
attribution analysis, (b) replenishment process, © service or fill rate planning, (d) capacity and vendor management tactics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Must have good negotiating skills and proven ability to explain in simple terms complex
- Advanced planning supply chain software experience, JDA Fulfillment and/or ESP tool
recommended but not required, like systems such as SAP APO, Kinaxis, Logility, Manugistics,
Oracle advanced planning, Steelwedge.
- Bias for action for internal customers, evidence of creating integrated ways of working.
- Product and replenishment segmentation knowledge helpful. Ability to plan in a multi-
- Supply chain knowledge and specific acumen on supply-side issues,
- challenges, and opportunities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in fostering teamwork and like experiences with continuous learning and/or training.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance analyses, causal (basic) models.
- Stronger evidence of consensus and collaborative work in accelerating either strategies or
inventory optimization across business functions.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-6 years experience in supply and/or inventory planning with any one of the following strong associations: inventory management, commercial analysis, operations, buying/procurement, or distribution.
- Several years experience with a leading advanced planning solution / tool such as JDA
Fulfillment or ESP, SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle Planning.
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel
business highly desirable with some supplier network complexity (e.g., size, product
- JDA Collaborate highly desirable – any experience in an S&OP model a plus.
- Database and advanced MS Excel
- APICS certification not required but highly valued
- International contact and B2B relationship highly desirable.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top