Senior Supply Planner
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Supply Planner
As our Senior Supply Planner you are accountable for optimizing the supplier (vendor) network performance by focusing on rough-cut capacity management, through which you will uncover latent cost and service opportunities for the business. Your role is to take improved performance and formalize metric and supplier collaboration opportunities. Building first improved collaborative business process with PVH cross-functional planning teams, you will create greater organizational awareness of both downstream tools (JDA) but, more, customer drivers to changes in volume. Taking this perspective you will manage to your seniors the right mix of needed analytics and operational strategies.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Perform daily maintenance, including but not limited to order processing, confirmation, tracking orders with suppliers, communication with hubs (distribution centers overseas) on receiving discrepancies and prioritization, finite scheduling changes.
- Develop JDA ESP tool performance by configuring parameters to most efficiently align product color/style attributes to known (historical) vendor capabilities. Optimize plans and meet supply planning accuracy targets.
- Create analyses to demonstrate over/under capacity utilization always contextualizing the variables in product, volume, fabric, construction type that create potential risk/reward scenarios for business.
- Utilize system-generated reports to determine priorities and areas of opportunity and to confirm/communicate results. Create adhoc reporting when needed.
- Proactively manage cross- functional alignment and communication flows, including implementation of strategies that maximize supplier and financial performance. Provide all necessary analysis to support integrated business planning each month.
- Provide all requested JDA tool modifications, clarify for project owners, the required enhancements to improve supplier capacity planning and replenishment accuracy.
- Monitor quality of inventory with fulfillment teams, and determine potential future inventory risks. Proactively lead collaborative efforts with suppliers to adjust mid-term planning.
- Build an improved data model, with scenarios developed in supply review for integrated business planning, to sketch the right supplier capacity strategies. Leverage your experience with suppliers to propose new approaches. Take possibility to demand and fulfillment partners to adjust plans accordingly.
- Identify supply chain related non-value added costs and processes that are not financially favorable to PVH. Challenge and negotiate these conditions with the appropriate vendor contacts including, vendor minimums, freight terms, vendor cash terms on seasonal or special circumstance orders and high item order minimums.
- Establish and measure key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to the supply chain and ensures delivery in terms of service and costs. Work with Director Supply Planning the appropriate vendor specific business metrics to best use as illustrative indicators to internal stakeholders.
- Analyze impact and secure a more established base for a firm 6 month capacity plan, with 18 month guidance.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Design teams, all other planning partners, GSC members
External: Mills and Vendors
Direct: N/A (could manage one depending on structure)
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide analysis to functional senior management
DECISION MAKING: Independent problem solver with operational knowledge. Ability to think out of the box to solve problems. Will make final decisions on smaller business decisions
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Able to utilize global contacts as needed and have the ability to problem solve with all resources available
ENVIRONMENT: Global environment, cultural sensitivity a must, be able to partner cross functionally and multi task at a fast speed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years working experience with any one of the following: production planning, inventory management, operations, buying/procurement, supply chain, and/or logistics/distribution.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a leading forecasting or inventory management or master planning (production) solution / tool such as as JDA Fulfill, JDA MP, JDA ESP, i2 Prod Plan, SAP Master Planner, Manugistics, Logility Oracle
- JDA ESP or MP tools highly desirable
- Consumer products company, preferred, fast moving consumer goods in multi-channel business highly desirable
- Operational or sourcing relationships preferred
- Stronger collaborative drive and measurable experience in taking both supplier and demand/inventory data into new business decision making process.
- International contact and B2B relationship highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top