Senior Project Manager, Retail Store Planning & Development, Tommy Hilfiger Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to manage and be responsible for design and planning for multiple APAC markets. Oversee and execute store projects from project kick off, design, completion and customer handover.
- Manage the expansion and further development of the regional network of suppliers, 3rd parties such as local architects, general contractors etc. This also includes general tendering and qualifying for 3rd party services.
- Support directly or through in market teams, the country retail organizations store development projects, and further support in feasibility and cost estimations for store approval etc.
- Build a close relationship of transparency and trust with the regional and in country teams is crucial.
- Ensure projects are realized according to agreed planning, budget, and design/quality levels. Clear and timely communication of all relevant project information, risks, challenges and showing up potential solutions is an essential element of the role.
- Support store, SIS, outlet and franchise store development by leading key strategic projects and other assigned branding initiatives (eg: pop ups, market launch set up , exhibitions etc.) for the overall organization and team by also taking over cross-functional responsibility and leadership.
- Be a champion for innovation, strategy and Omnichannel business opportunities working with key stakeholders successfully delivering new digital retail initiatives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Effectively coach, develop and manage the Store Development & Planning Team. Carry out annual Performance Review meetings for Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Oversee production and issue the Store Roll-out Planning Tool. and ensure information is accurate and up-to-date. Analyze content, manage the internal team workload, and assist in managing the overall department workload.
- Provide global management and the regional countries with Feasibility Reporting, including if required a Schedule of Condition, for the acquisition of new store properties to assess potential budget and local planning requirements that may influence the overall Capex investment.
- Organize, host and chair regular Store Development Team meetings including follow-ups.
- Liaise with other retail departments on relevant matters as required. (Operations, Visual Merchandising, Retail Systems, Planning & Buying)
- Take lead on ensuring projects budgets are kept up-to-date by project manager(s) individually and assist Retail Financial Management with associated budget information as required.
- Support the procurement team in the official tendering process for all store related and concept items. Maintain the integrity of the concept whilst still driving value-engineering initiatives.
- Oversee and review where needed, the local architect network in all countries to ensure a stable and efficient network.
- Directly manage nominated external architects in production and maintenance of standard details for construction.
- Review post-opening store pictures, to ensure latest specifications are implemented and defects rectified within the agreed period.
- Support PM(s) with site visits to nominated store locations whilst under construction. Come up with commercial solutions to resolve issues whilst maintaining the integrity of the concept.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as directed by Store Development and Planning Senior Director and VP of Retail.
- Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic, interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media.
- Good knowledge and functional understanding of store design development and retail environment knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Experience in construction / design and retail processes, systems and strategies
- Pro advocate for innovation, strategy and implementing new initiatives related to Omnichannel and other digital retail initiatives
- Ability of leading, coaching and managing a team.
- Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively work remotely
- Team player , excellent in building strong and professional relationships with other divisions / regional / local suppliers / vendors/ contractor etc
- Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills - especially schedule and planning /critical path identification / budget control / financial analysis
- Can-do mentality
- Strong analytical skills and solution driven
- Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with global design, open minded and international mindset
- Ability of leading and influencing a cross-cultural environment and take lead on being solution driven
Functional Competencies and SKILLS:
Communication / Language
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English language - written and spoken
- Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin
Computer / systems skills
- Experience in architectural and design programs such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D or similar is a must
- Strong MS Office skill set and other relevant programs and systems such as MS Project, SAP etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience: Minimum 8-10 years of relevant retail or retail related industry, design & concept development management experience.
- Education: Must have a degree BA level graduate in Architecture, Interior Architectural Design &/or Construction Project Management related qualification
Back to top