Senior Project Manager- PLM
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Project Manager- PLM
The Senior Project Manager – PLM will be responsible for managing the PLM project throughout the project lifecycle, from original concept through post implementation. This role will manage the PLM project that will span across multiple departments and must have a proven track record of managing large-scale transformational enterprise wide initiatives. Due to the visibility that this role will have within the IT organization, an executive presence is key, so as to be able to drive sponsor and stakeholder management across all levels and areas of the organization.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Accountable for achieving approved schedule and budget and works with sponsors and stakeholders on any changes (scope changes).
- Owns communication of the project status to the sponsor and stakeholder community.
- Accountable for ensuring quality and timely delivery for all project deliverables.
- Identify necessary management structures for projects, and secure the management involvement required.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Drive proper project chartering and setup.
- Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing charters and reviewing with management decision makers.
- Identify and govern change and process management considerations critical to the success of the project.
- Perform project team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Provide an environment conducive to the mentoring, coaching and training apprentice PMs.
- Define and drive “rightsized” project management processes for each project, leveraging the PVH standard Project Methodology.
- Track short-term project metrics (for example, schedule variances and customer satisfaction) to drive improvement.
- Review the project’s medium-term benefits (for example, to support business-case process improvement).
- A minimum of ten years’ experience managing midsize-to-large enterprise wide projects with high levels of complexity and transformation.
- Practical experience implementing and/or upgrading a multi-brand, multi-category PLM solution within the apparel, footwear and/or accessories sectors
- Ability to correctly sequence and position IT projects in accordance with design and product development timelines
- Extensive background with project management processes, techniques and tools, including critical path management.
- Experience in the wholesale and retail apparel industry.
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with senior-level stakeholders
- Experience in a Multi Brand Portfolio; Building common model consensus across the organization.
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels. Managing Project and Executive Steering Committees.
- College or bachelor’s degree.
- PPM certification a plus.
- Can manage above the single-project level (for example, can determine resource dependencies across multiple projects)
- Skilled at advanced cost estimation, and at identifying the correct level of requirements specification for the estimation accuracy needed
- Can work with business management on budgets, and with business/system analysts to define functional requirements enough for a sufficiently accurate estimate (recognizing that priority trade-offs may favor on-time or on-scope delivery over on-budget)
- Skilled at managing interpersonal relations to build rapport inside and outside the immediate project team, and can motivate through leadership and mentor development of more-junior PMs
- Can steer collaboration with contractors on projects (for example, from RFP evaluation through acceptance), maintaining controls as required, and can successfully confront contractor PMs as needed
- Can debate effectively for or against project changes, continuation or cancellation, as appropriate.
- Can drive business process and change management discussions, identifying and governing actionable next steps to ensure successful outcomes.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top