Senior Manager, Media Strategy & Growth
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men's tailored clothing and sportswear, women's collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The European Media team is seven people strong, and working in close partnership with our Global Brand Marketing team, all Consumer Journey functions, and Omni-channel and Ecommerce business units in Europe. Our role is to ensure that our message - whatever stage of the funnel - reaches the right consumer at the right moment through combining art and science and strategizing, planning and implementing our campaigns in the most cost-efficient and effective manner. Together with our agency of record, our mission is to drive Tommy Hilfiger's media practice to new heights embracing innovation and continued improvement through a 'test & learn' mentality.
As the Senior Manager, Media Strategy and Growth, you are accountable for creating and deploying holistic audience and paid media strategies for Tommy Hilfiger in Europe. With the support of the internal team and agencies, you will be expected to build on integrating paid media into a connected and relevant dialogue with our consumers, with the ultimate objective to increase overall net sales. With a strategic mind-set, you clarify, challenge, improve, and reset where necessary, with good energy, in order to give Media the best possible chance of success. The team plays a pivotal role in effectively building our brand by amplifying our key messages across our target audience in the EMEA+ countries as well as driving business impact on our Ecommerce and physical stores.
- Drive brand and Ecommerce performance strategies to maximize reach, engagement and conversion
- Create and deploy holistic paid media strategies for Tommy Hilfiger in Europe across brand, portfolio, performance and loyalty, with outputs including audience strategies, media journeys, messaging and creative, channel roles, locally informed variations, budget recommendations and performance forecasts
- Work hand in hand with the Global and European marketing team to ensure consumer centricity whilst being consistent and on brand
- Foster best-in-class media creative development in partnership with creative teams
- Promote the transformation of paid media within the organization and lead related change efforts to enable greater internal accountability and performance across defined business KPIs
- Craft narratives for our management, provide updates on key initiative wins and opportunities, respond to concerns, and engage leadership to address gaps
- Become an indispensable team member through deep subject matter expertise, a focus to continually improve and a strong partnership approach
- Manage a junior team by effectively delegating tasks and ensuring outstanding delivery. Set a career and training growth plan for them
- Lead selected internal initiatives in addition to day-to-day work and drive momentum through clearing managing resources and delivering tangible results
The Ideal Candidate:
- ±10 years of experience in media, in a cross-channel capacity yet digital forward, across multiple markets within Europe, ranging from brand to hardcore Ecommerce performance media, from strategy to implementation, including experience on brand side
- At least 2-3 years experience in an Ecommerce centric global brand ideally in the fashion / lifestyle industry
- Approx. 5 years experience in managing people in a company driven by its cultural values
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, able and keen to co-shape our vision to transform paid media, always "pushing the envelope", testing new concepts and solving problems quickly whilst pivoting priorities
- Great leadership skills, maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace
- Excellent communicator at various organizational levels, with sensitivity to global communication needs and conveying information and ideas in a convincing and engaging manner
- Team player, sparking the challenger mind-set and fostering a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives
- Demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Deep knowledge of the digital paid media space
- Strong knowledge of Paid Social and Display, Direct and Programmatic
- Strong familiarity of Ecommerce performance media tactics (search knowledge a plus)
- Proficient in digital KPIs, able to turn data into meaningful insights and inform strategy
- Experience with Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Marketing Platform, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and data visualization tools
- Understanding of the traditional media landscape in Europe including OOH, Print, TV and Cinema
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafes
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
Please include a motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Back to top