Senior Graphic Designer
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner's and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that's fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world's leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of "classic American cool" style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men's, women's and kids' sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Design is currently handling underwear collections and swimwear collections across TH and CK for both adults and kids, with future expansion into a new product for both brands.
With this growth, we see opportunities for elevated use of graphics, print, and innovative technical design, but we need to support the design teams to deliver these elevated tools.
Design research and building meaningful colour and graphic stories for underwear, swim and new product opportunity are crucial to the future growth of these product and future product areas.
Design team are building more elevated visual communication tools for adoption and sharing directly with countries and focusing key product ranges for specific market and key account needs
Position Description and Key Responsibilities:
Reporting into the Senior Design Director UW/Swim/Sport, Tommy Hilfiger Global & Calvin Klein Europe, this role will be responsible for the graphic and print design of CK and TH Swim. You are passionate about printed textiles, and product graphics, as well as Swimwear, Underwear and Sportswear, and have a drive to learn and be an exceptional visual communicator
- Research graphic trends to support the seasonal direction and market trends and ensure consistency through products and ranges
- Work on branding concepts for multiple end use
- Research and design functional trims for product
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the team
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to digital presentation
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, merchandising and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the products designed by the team
- Product accurate repeat pattern artwork for development and production
- Artworking design ideas in Adobe CC, in accordance with the brief and range plan
- Ensure proper handover of product design to the product development department and development sources. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as original design, colour indication, execution information, and design parts sizes
- Prepare and maintain graphic design overviews and technical artwork that align with the range plan
- Input graphic and print artwork into PLM system
- Create and maintain boards for Concept and Sketch Reviews
- Develop templates eg graphic schematics, tech pack information, etc
- Work alongside design, PD and Merchandising to ensure applications are fit for purpose with product
- Work directly with suppliers and buying offices to ensure clarity of product development and through to final samples, in collaboration with in-house product development team
- Product Design
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of fashion and sport product and fashion design
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical: good Adobe CC knowledge, Keynote
- Keen eye for trends, detail and brand identity
- Excellent visual communicator – able to build professional presentations for pitching concepts and brand language
- Team player
- Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience in graphic design and/or textile design
- Minimum 5 years experience in design
- First experience of people management an advantage
Meet Some of PVH's Employees
Director of Production & Content, PVH
Nicholas and his team continually develop innovative projects to shine a spotlight on and grow PVH’s large portfolio of brands.
Back to top