Senior Director, Planning - Calvin Klein
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Director, Planning – Calvin Klein
The Senior Director of Planning develops, executes and communicates strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company’s financial, product, and marketing objectives; responsible for driving top line financial plans from a divisional level to a department/category level, strategically managing the business in order to maximize sales and margin, and optimizing inventory; develops and contributes to the development of Brand initiatives, and ensures that all planning activities support annual goals.
Create strategic financial plans that support the company’s objectives and brand goals from a top down perspective
- At a division/department level, develop sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that support the company’s profit objectives. Collaborate with direct reports in planning and the merchandising team to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide the planning and merchandising team, utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities, and identify risks. Understand opportunities and risks from direct reports and communicate to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, visual, and brand leaders.
- Develop, train and lead planning team including planners, associate and store planners and allocators.
Weekly Business Management
- Meet with planners to understand weekly forecasts, category opportunities and risks, markdown recommendations, and reflowing of inventory. Ensure that all decisions are based on historical data and/or current trends and collect information to create global action plans.
- Present “action points” to senior management and gain consensus on business approach.
- Manage seasonal liabilities, inventory by source, and delivery performance at a divisional level. Guide planners to tactically manage liabilities and drive opportunities.
Owner of the Strategic Monthly Forecast Review (SMFR)
- Review planners 90 day forecasts with a focus on maximizing profit, optimizing inventory, and managing risk across divisions. Challenge the team to incorporate marketing, markdown, and inventory management plans to exploit business prospects.
- Pre-meet with divisional leadership to gain consensus prior to monthly strategic meeting.
- Lead and direct the monthly forecast meeting providing guidance to business leaders and finance. Understand the impact of the current 90 day forecast on the balance of the year. Focus on long range action plans in order to exceed corporate plans.
Assortment Planning & Assortment Planning Prep
- Meet with planning team to review historical performance at the category and key item level. Understand and validate analysis by source, delivery, and category to merchants to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
- Pre-season create divisional and departmental plans to support the development of the line.
- Set sales, margin, flow, and IMU goals prior to the planning of each delivery. Reconcile tops down and bottom up forecasts prior to the passing of receipts to the merchant organization.
- Participate in buy review with merchants, planners, store planners and allocators to ensure appropriate breadth and depth, and flawless execution. Collaborate with lead merchants to ensure that plans support product goals.
- Lead and facilitate buy finalization meeting with merchant. Review pre-season plans that support new assortment. Identify risks and opportunities relative to product, flow, and presentation.
- Gain consensus on assortment and plans from senior management. Manage the locking process for seasonal plans. Forecast seasonal and source plans to validate key metrics.
Managing and Developing Talent
- Train, develop, and manage direct reports to support succession planning initiatives. Assess talent in order to provide “stretch” opportunities for current staff. Offer consistent and timely feedback to direct reports.
- Create a dynamic team environment that encourages collaboration and creativity within the business unit and across brands.
- Lead planning silo ensuring that all company objectives and current and future business plans are executed. Provide clear direction to all levels managing details as appropriate.
- Identify top talent and infuse new bench strength within organization to support succession planning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10-15 years merchandise planning experience; 15 – 20 years of total work experience
- Demonstrated experience
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case
- Driving business to exceed company plans
- Leading and developing a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Strategic forecasting for a multidimensional business
- Assuming additional areas of accountability successfully
- Influencing and negotiating at a variety of levels
Education: Four-year degree, advanced degree a plus
- Analytical/Math Skills
- Project Management
- Strategic Forecasting & Financial Planning
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Well-versed in planning and allocation systems, as well as advanced Microsoft windows applications
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top