Senior Director, Global Merchandising
Design Your Future at PVH
Senior Director, Global Merchandising
The Senior Director, Global Merchandising is the leader of product strategy and Brand Growth for the global community. The role is responsible for the development of all global merchandising strategies for the CK underwear brands including sleepwear. This position sets the product line plan vision and leads the global line planning function in order to achieve or exceed annual financial goals. He/she must ensure that the line plan and product assortment addresses a global vision while at the same time meeting local needs. Key metrics for success will include retail trend, new product hit rates, style scale and SKU efficiencies.
Using strong collaborating and influencing skills, this position serves as the lead “conduit” between the global design team and the individual regions. With support of analysis from the Global Merchandising team and individual regions, he/she ensures that product meets specific merchandising objectives, revenue targets and goals. This position ensures that product lines are brought to market in a timely and profitable manner, are in accordance with the line plans and production calendars.
This leadership role manages the Global Merchandising team as well as direct reports. The Senior Director serves as a hub for all of the merchandising needs and deliverables across the global community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing the product vision and global merchandising line plan for CKU men’s and women’s product for all markets. Partners with regional merchandise managers in the development of all region specific line plans.
- Responsible for collaborating, influencing and driving to consensus all short and long range merchandising strategies and objectives for men’s and women’s underwear and sleepwear categories. Ensures the successful implementation of said strategies by providing leadership and direction to design, merchandising and technical teams
- Own the product development calendar for all markets – directly responsible for all meetings and outcomes.
- Brings customer and market prospective to the design and product development process. Thoroughly understands the Brand’s target customer by tracking attitude and lifestyle trends.
- Collaborates with global sourcing partners to attain financial goals and global product needs.
- Provides global marketing and regional sales teams with product knowledge and serves as an informational resource
- Analyzes seasonal business by tracking sales information in order to identify opportunities to improve assortments and margins
- Manages the technical and merchandising teams; identifies staff strengths and areas for development; recognizes positive performance and results and counsels non-performing employees.
- Partner with SVP Design on all Product & Strategic Initiatives, both long and short term.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Group President; Division Presidents; Chief Creative Officer; VP’s of Design; designers
SVP of Sourcing; Global sourcing Director;
Director of Sourcing; Finance VP and Director; regional Sales VP’s and sales teams
Regional Merchandise Managers and assistants
Product development team, Tech Design Directors, Managers and Assistants
Hong Kong Office
Fabric and trim suppliers
Retail buyers and management
Trend and Marketing Consultants
Direct: 1 Director of Global Merchandising, 1 Sr. Manager, Global Merchandising
Indirect: Regional Merchandisers
Works directly with the SVP, Global Design & Merchandising on all matters involving budget.
Makes critical decisions regarding product & strategy and his/her team.
Must be an Influencer & keen Negotiator able to achieve Global Alignment to Product Strategies while understanding regional nuances. Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines. Must be detail oriented and find the best solutions and developing methods to improve efficiency. Must be flexible to adapt to changing trends of business and/or ad hoc projects
Fast paced creative environment, works directly with Global regions to ensure the efficient function of line selection.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
7-10 years of product development/merchandising experience; preferably in Retail & Intimate Apparel;
5+ years of experience managing a team of 2 or more people in differing functions;
2-4 Years of secondary education
Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability;
Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills;
Ability and willingness to travel to Europe and Asia 3-4 X per year;
Knowledge of fabrics as well as garment construction including bras;
Working knowledge of garment costs and gross margin formulas
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.
Back to top