Senior Director, Communication Strategies and Content, Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
Responsible for the strategic positioning, planning and oversight of all brand communications for in Asia Pacific, with a dedicated focus on China. Craft content, story angles and as well as brand influencer strategy (media, celebrities, influcers, KOL's and brand advocates) across all categories, align with brand goals and business objectives to deliver results. Works with internal and external partners to lead and promote innovations across all initiatives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop and implement comprehensive annual communications strategy in support of all categories (Jeans, Underwear, Performance) for APAC, with a decidated focus on China. Strategies to be in alignment with global and regional category objectives, targeting media, influencers and brand advocate communities.
- Responsible for cohesive Brand Social Media, Community Engagement and Influencer strategies. Leverage and always on the look out of trends, best in class tools and first-to-market opportunities across consumer engagement channels as part of integrated platform/channel strategies.
- Oversee Shanghai and Hong Kong-based Communications, Events, Brand Advocacy and Social Platform functions and guide local teams and agencies to create on-brand, on-budget plans that serve to support and enhance business and branding objectives.
- Ensure best In class content strategy and delivery for Calvin Klein owned platforms across APAC, Including Weibo, WeChat, Facebook, Instagram, Kakao Talk and Line. Continue to assess new strategic platforms to lead the industry.
- Partner seamlessly with key stakeholders (Global Consumer Engagement team, regional Brand Management, Merchandising, Retail, Ecommerce, VM, Store Planning and in-market teams) to weave integrated 360 go-to-market plans. Identify and responsible for delivering KPI's, which includes but not limited to best in class content delivery and high-ranking brand exposure in all channels.
- Drive strategic partnerships and innovations with major media, technology and social platforms across APAC to drive brand and commercial success, including marketing creative/content, ecommerce (e.g., Tmall), and experiential events and collaborations.
- In complement with the macro-tier (celebrity and talent) campaign and amplification efforts seasonally, drive the continued identification, recruitment and relationship management with key Influencer and Advocate talent (within the brand's core "Tribe" communities) for the purposes of consistent, authentic and positive word of mouth that is "always on"
- Create best in class events and brand experiences in support of key initiatives, as part of the 360 consumer engagement plan to elevate branding, drive word-of-mouth and amplification.
- Develop and manage annual departmental budgets and responsible for ROI optimization.
- Leveraging industry, regional, consumer and customer data and insights, oversee and analyze brand visibility on and offline on on-going basis, and where agencies are not available, develop strategies to drive relevant brand-building initiatives; monitor Brand Health, DMR, EMV, as well as owned channel Growth, Engagement and Traffic across all brands against yearly goals, and to identify best opportunities for development of the businesses reigonally and In China.
- Oversee the compilation of reporting needs for Communications, Advocacy and Social Media teams, collaborating with cross-functional teams on integrated special post-event reports
- Support crisis management in compliance of global and regional processes.
- Responsible for ensuring work meets strategic business needs while aligning with brand standards.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in CK Global, APAC Regional, local market leaders and marketing teams.
- Instill a team culture that upholds PVH values and vision and actively foster a positive working environment for the team
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Global Marketing, in-market market leaders and Marketing teams, CK Brand Management teams, product teams, Legal, Finance, Visual Merchandising, Store Development, Ecommerce, China functional teams (Marketing, Ecommerce and Retail)
External: JV partners, licensing/distributor partners, agency partners, media, celebrities, influencers, KOL's, event vendors, 3rd party agencies.
Direct: 4 direct reports
Responsible for oversight of all aspects of Communications (PR) and Brand Advocacy/Social Media Budgets, in partnership with Senior Director of Brand Management.
Make strategic decisions around influence and communications, in line with the creative vision. Will make decisions with senior leaders.
Continue to create new procedures and identify best solutions to improve efficiency. Must be flexible and resourceful to changing opinions to create effective programs. Be creative on new approaches to communication plans and developing assets to better communicate messages.
TEAMWORK: Build good working relationships; collaborate toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively work at long distances.
The environment is extremely fast-paced, highly collaborative, communicative and deadline driven.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in PR, communications, talent, fashion or luxury and marketing
- Excellent contacts in media and entertainment, and the demonstrated ability to interface effectively with them.
- An exceptional record of achievement as a senior communications professional
- Demonstrated leadership and talent management skills.
- Experience of managing a team/agencies
Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred
- Ability to influence all levels of leaders and partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, energetic, empathetic and open minded
- Passion for the industry and brand
- Knowledge/experience of the Calvin Klein brand is a plus Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong data/analytics skills
- Strong relationships with and access to celebrities
- Self motivated with strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize, while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to adhere to project timelines and meet scheduled deadlines
- Motivated, self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to learn
Back to top